Owner at Beta Recruitment Services
Views:100 Applications:30 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
BetaFin Partners - Company Secretary & Compliance Officer - LLB (8-12 yrs)
CS and Compliance Officer at a leading client, Kolkata
- We are looking for an accomplished and experienced professional having requisite experience in corporate law, secretarial practices, compliance with regulatory guidelines pertaining to investments in equity & debt as per RBI & SEBI rules, corporate governance, drafting of legal documents pertaining to Shareholders' agreement, legal due diligence in strategic transaction, investment deeds etc.
- The role will require managing the entire legal and compliance function besides statutory secretarial role at the group level having RBI registred NBFCs and handling the investment documents pertaining to equity, debt, structured credit, liasioning with the corporate law firms/fund houses' compliance teams/custodians, filing of returns with RoC, RBI n stock exchanges as applicable.
- Conducting board and committee meetings as per Companies Act, Sebi n RBI guidelines and maintenance of various registers and filing of returns with statutory authorities.
- Attending inspection by the regulatory and statutory authorities like RBI, RoC etc and ensuring compliance with applicable guidelines at all times.
- Maintenance of records pertaining to investments in securities and keeping safe custody of various instruments and ensuring reconciliation of the same with the books of accounts.
- Interactions with fund managers, custody, broking houses for opening of a/cs, investments and receipts of instruments in demat a/cs/statement of a/cs etc.
- Attending meetings and interactions with the corporate law firms in relation to strategic investments in equity/debt, finalisation of legal documents, negotiation and finalisation of commercial and legal terms with the counter parties/its lawyers and execution thereof besides drawing up the scope of legal due diligence and supervising the same thru the outsourced firms.
- Finalisation and execution of securitisation and assignment agreements for debt acquisition, both standard and stressed including inter alia deed of assignment, PoA and related documents.
- Overall corporate governance and hygiene of compliance in the organisation and creating awareness amongst all the members of the organisation.
- CS and law graduate from reputed university
- 8-10 years' relevant experience of working in corporate sector with exposure to listed firms and M/A transactions.
- Relevant experience of working as co secretary in mid sized company and interactions with independent directors
- Relevant exposure of dealing with stock exchanges on filings related to Sebi guidelines particularly LODR n SAST.
- Exposure to drafting of legal documents and interactions with the law firms and counter parties.