Beiersdorf - Manager - Tax (2-5 yrs)
About the Organization :
Nivea India is an affiliate of Beiersdorf, Germany.
Our employees enjoy working for Beiersdorf and are proud of the Company, its values, and its brands. Their performance and commitment drive Beiersdorf's development.
We encourage this performance with challenging tasks and broad responsibilities that enable our employees to raise the bar in all fields of our business - every day, right from the start.
Our working atmosphere is a unique mix of winning spirit and team work - performance driven and friendly at the same time.
We care for both : Success and People.
The candidate will be responsible for managing responsible for ensuring compliances relating to direct tax (including transfer pricing), WHT and GST.
In addition, the candidate may also be required to support the functional head in advising on various tax matters impacting business operations.
The candidate would be responsible to interact with various internal stakeholders/team and also external agencies/consultants.
The candidates would be required to have the following skills (including but not limited):
- Sound technical knowledge along with learning mindset to keep one's self abreast with latest developments in tax matters
- Analyze the changes in tax laws and align the same with business needs of the company including its impact
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good drafting and analytical skills including high degree of diligence & commitment
- Problem solving attitude
Detailed Responsibilities (non-inclusive):
A] Direct Tax & Transfer Pricing
1) Monitor and ensure that compliances in respect of corporate-tax returns, transfer pricing reports, tax certifications, withholding tax returns, etc. are completed within the prescribed statutory timelines.
2) Supporting in completion of past litigation including collating details from various internal teams and analyzing the same from tax impact perspective. Also, providing support for assessment including transfer pricing assessment. Further, appearing before various tax / appellate authorities along with tax head/tax consultants, as and when required
3) Supporting in the tax compliances of group affiliates including analyzing tax implications on the intra-group transactions, withholding tax, etc.
4) Managing the taxation related to expatriate employees, both inbound and outbound
B] Indirect tax/GST matters
1) Support and active involvement in GST
2) Liaisoning with local consultants to complete the past litigation with minimal business impact on VAT/Service Tax/ Excise by providing data, discussing tax positions with functional head
1) Support both local and global team on various India tax matters on need basis
2) To develop and maintain an effective working relationship with relevant members of the business teams and external consultants
3) Provide timely update on changes in law which could have an impact the business
4) Ensure completion of statutory audit and tax audit from tax perspective
- CA/CWA/CS/MBA Finance or any other equivalent qualification.
- 2 to 4 years of post-qualification experience preferably from Big4/FMCG/Pharma/ Retail and consumer product Industry
- Good communicator, both written and oral.
- Sound knowledge of direct & indirect tax compliances
- Good management skills particularly meeting deadline and solving problems
- Advanced MS-Office skills (especially advanced knowledge of excel)
- Working on SAP - FI module and pre-experience would be preferred
The incumbent is strictly obliged to keep company-information as a secret, especially after termination of the labor-relation.
The candidate will report to Tax Head.
- Finance, Supply Chain, HR, Marketing, Sales, Factory finance team
- BDF India
- Headquarter and Regional teams
- Internal & External Auditors
- Direct & Indirect Tax Consultants
- Governmental Authorities
- Legal counsel
This job description is a general guideline for the scope the position. It can neither cover the total, detailed scope of the job nor is it meant to stay unmodified and static for a longer period of time, since the business environment is constantly developing. In this respect the job description is a dynamic framework that cannot be claimed to be conclusive by neither the employee, nor by the employer.