Beiersdorf - Area Sales Manager - General Trade (3-5 yrs)
About the Organization :
Nivea India is an affiliate of Beiersdorf, Germany.
Our employees enjoy working for Beiersdorf and are proud of the Company, its values, and its brands. Their performance and commitment drive Beiersdorf's development.
We encourage this performance with challenging tasks and broad responsibilities that enable our employees to raise the bar in all fields of our business - every day, right from the start. Our working atmosphere is a unique mix of winning spirit and team work - performance driven and friendly at the same time.
We care for both : Success and People.
About the role:
- The Area Sales Manager is responsible for the sales performance of the General Trade Channel (as defined by NIVEA India) for the assigned Region / Territory in India. He/she assist the Regional Sales Manager/RLUM in delivering the overall territory sales objectives, supervises, fine-tunes and monitors the execution and takes pro-active initiatives to cease every opportunity to increase the sales in accordance with the companies policies and strategies.
- He/she heads and coaches the Sales Team reporting to him/her. It is his/her obligation to form an efficient and effective team that is perfectly cooperating with all internal and external partners. The Area Sales Manager is to discuss and set clear targets for his team members in alignment with the Regional Sales Manager/ RLUM and to track the fulfillment.
Successful performance requires
- A high degree of people management skills,
- Planning & analytical skills to handle complex situations,
- Taking the full responsibility for decisions and repercussions,
- Strong communication and negotiation skills and
- Clear commitment and vision to lead his team.
Responsibilities of the role as are as below:
1) Meeting volume and value objectives of the assigned territory within budget, time and policy parameters through efficient control of the distributor network and staff.
2) Planning, implementing and monitoring all traditional sales activities within the assigned territory as an entrepreneurial manager, particularly providing an annual drive-plan for the whole territory in collaboration with the Traditional Trade Manager.
3) To support the Regional Sales manager/RLUM in Sales Forecasting SKU wise for his/her territory based on sound analysis and support the production team for correct production planning.
4) Guiding the Business Development Officers to appoint and sustain profitable distributors partners
5) Should have regular contacts and visits to NIVEA distribution centers. To help the commercial team by conducting regular audits from time to time.
6) Close contact with and internal consultancy to the Marketing Team at planning and implementing consumer- and POS-driven activities in traditional channels
7) Responsible for executing visibility norms across the territory as per NIVEA standards. Is also accountable for tracking and maintaining all company merchandising elements in his territory
8) Is responsible for product launch planning and its execution in his/her territory.
9) Pro-active, regular contact with the Regional Sales Manager/RLUM and with the relevant team-members of NIVEA India, particularly the marketing & supply chain team
10) Regular and timely reporting along pre-defined formats to relevant internal stake-holders
11) Be involved on recruitment of Business Development officers and their timely appraisal including identification and development of potential.
12) Lead from the front to drive and motivate his team of sales Officers, through regular sales contacts and On-The-Job-Trainings training.
13) Pro-active daily contact to the local distribution partner(s) to support their business, and to gradually build on infrastructure parameters to take the NIVEA business forward.
14) New Business development: Constantly seeking new opportunities to increase and extend the scope of NIVEA's business operations in close cooperation with the Traditional Trade Manager
15) Extensive traveling within the region in order to get market insights from the total territory.
16) Documentation and seeking prior approval of all trade expenses for audit purposes
17) Track competition activities monthly. Document and communicate the same to the marketing & sales management team in the monthly review meeting.
- Education: Graduate in any principle.
- Degree / Diploma in Business Management or related subject preferred
- 3-5 years experience in Sales
- Minimum 1 years responsibility for handling General Trade in the region
- PC Know-how: Good MS-Office skills
- Languages: excellent command of spoken and written English
- The Area Sales Manager reports to the Regional Sales Manager/RLUM, who in turn reports to the Head of Sales
- The Business Development Officers would report to the Area Sales Manager.
Additional Information: The CTC for the role can be in the range of 15-20 L p.a