Assistant Manager at BDO Rise
Views:200 Applications:35 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
BDO RISE - Project Manager - Business Services & Outsourcing (14-20 yrs)
Job Summary :
The Business Services and Outsourcing (BSO) Project Manager for National Practice Projects is an Operations based role that manages a portfolio of projects within the national BSO practice. These projects are implemented to support strategic initiatives, workstream planning, business analysis, team and resource management, and troubleshooting. This individual plans, implements and leads multiple, complex, mission critical projects that may be separate and distinct, or highly interdependent and integrated.
- Plans and Leads Project Management of multiple, simultaneous, complex and often inter-dependent National Practice strategic initiatives and projects
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions
- Gathers and coordinates project-related deliverables to ensure quality and consistency of work products as well as shares project documents appropriately
- Works regularly with strategic initiative and project owners to collect, document and monitor project progress and provide timely and audience relevant project updates
- Proactively provides strategic initiative and project insights on completion, risks and issues to National Practice leadership
- Works with strategic initiative and project owners to accomplish project objectives, exercising good judgement and independent decision making to ensure project completion, delivering work products that meet or exceed project requirements and meeting deadlines
- Develops and uses project management tools (e.g., SmartSheet forms, reports and dashboards) and templates to establish and manage assigned projects.
- Manages projects and team resources closely to ensure timely completion and alignment with practice quality standards for project delivery
- Identifies, follows up and actively manages any gaps or issues for projects in coordination with respective strategic initiative and project leads
- Leads project related meetings with key stakeholders to accomplish project objectives and ensure deliverables are completed according to project deadlines, as needed
- Creates high-quality, well written project related communications and presentations
- Documents and distributes information, action items and risks from internal project meetings, and follows up to ensure actions are taken, risks are mitigated, and issues are resolved
- Creates presentation materials including graphics and content for high level meetings
- Acts as mentor to practice and team members, as appropriate
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, required
- Master's degree in business administration or finance, preferred
- Five (5) or more years of program / project management experience in a professional services firm, required
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in a similar role required
- Experience displaying a high degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including leadership at all levels, required
- Experience completing a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance, required
- Experience making sound judgement with the appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround, required
- Experience to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, required
- PMP, Agile, PRINCE2 or other professional project management certification a plus
- Working knowledge of Smartsheet (creating SmartSheet project plans, developing forms, reports and dashboards) required
- Proficient in the use of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, and OneDrive required
- Strong Excel experience, preferred
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively identify and manage project risks
- Ability to deliver high-quality work product with minimal supervision.
- Ability to self-manage work assignments and prioritize work activities.
- Ability to apply reason to solve issues.
- Ability to work US shift hours (5pm - 2am IST) if required.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment, and handle multiple projects/tasks with a strong attention to detail
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism in all matters
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.