TA Team at Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd.
Views:419 Applications:94 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:56
BCCL - GST Operations & Advisory Role (3-5 yrs)
Finance Department is one of the major pillars of the organisation that ensures efficient financial management and financial control necessary to support all business activities, also delivering Zero-Defect, and customer focused finance processes, providing cutting-edge financial solutions and driving the business to success.
About the Position
Establish and build efficient processes and tax efficient strategies, supervise and control compliances with the objective of optimizing tax pay out, risk mitigation, ensuring timely and accurate compliance, filing of returns, input tax credit and completion of GST tax assessments in a timely manner with least disallowances.
Areas of Responsibility
a) Identify and improve the existing compliance process on an ongoing basis.
b) To enable Annual Return preparation based on the existing data for reporting requirements
c) To ensure that the reports that are provided for GST Compliance i.e. Sales data, Purchase data, Advance received, Advance Utilisation data is appropriate from completeness and accuracy perspective.
d) Implementation and automation of new GST compliance, assessment requirements.
e) Analyse output tax accounts and GSTR 1 related data in each state on an ongoing basis to identify the transaction level issues and address them by taking appropriate action.
f) To develop process and procedures to meet GST audit requirements at state level.
g) To enable branches to understand and take out information from SAP system to meet GST audit/ assessment requirements by providing them necessary training, help and support.
Statutory Compliance - GST and Indirect Tax
- Supervise and control timely filing of all returns, their reconciliation with ASP portal and to ensure zero tolerance with respect to non- delayed compliance and availing of Input Tax Credit.
Advisory, Assessments and Litigation - Indirect Tax
- Interface with various stakeholders to respond to GST queries on various transactions
- Review of business agreements to evaluate the implications from GST context and provide relevant inputs
- Supervise and control GST assessments of BCCL and replying to notices and queries from GST authorities.
Branch Team & Personal development
- Keep track of all major developments in Goods and Service Tax (GST) by subscribing to alerts, attend seminars and conferences organized by various professional bodies.
Educational Qualifications Required
- Chartered Accountant (first attend is mandatory) plus a law degree or diploma (desirable)
- Around 3-5 years of progressive experience, post qualification and extensive experience in implementation of GST.
- Expert knowledge of GST provisions and law is pre-requisite
- Good working knowledge of SAP /ERP is preferred.
- Good understanding of Computer systems, technology and business processes.