Assistant Manager - Talent Acquisition at Bankbazaar
Views:1351 Applications:202 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:53
BankBazaar.com - Data Scientist (2-5 yrs)
Role : Data Scientist
- The Analytics team at Bank Bazaar understands the profile of customers landing in our site and we monitor, suggest, track, and manage the risk to ensure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Analytics team designs and builds the software systems, risk models and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize trust in bankbazaar.com. Not only do we protect all aspects of the shopping experience, we also deliver our services to customers on an ongoing basis. And, we evaluate new business opportunities from across the company to determine how we can minimize the risk associated with these launches.
- We are searching for great data scientists to drive the execution of Bank Bazaar's vision. This is a highly visible and impacting role within the group as well as across the department.
- You should thrive and have demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes.
- You will be expected to balance strategic thinking with detailed execution and solid cross-functional collaborative results. This is a fast paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. This team is responsible for building a robust set of operational and business metrics, building customer recommendation, working with cross-functional teams to design, build, deploy the customer revenue and experience systems, and utilize metrics to determine improvement opportunities.
- You play a strong execution role in your team and across the organization - they look to you for advice on analytical and business issues facing them. You are right, a lot. You get a lot done. You work very efficiently and routinely deliver the right things.
- You have a department-wide view of the analytical solutions that you build, and you consistently think in terms of automating or expanding the results intelligently company-wide. You have performed multiple large, complex, and business critical analyses that serve major parts of the business.
- Your work and your approach to work are exemplary - you drive best practices and set standards for your team.
- Other analytical individuals in your department regard you as an expert in one or more analytical areas. You provide advice and mentoring to other analysts.
- You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgement making technical trade-offs between your group's short term and long term business needs, and the needs of the company as a whole. When confronted with discordant views, you find the best way forward and convince your team.
- You are vocally self-critical. You proactively contribute to knowledge-sharing across the bank bazaar's analytical community. You demonstrate resilience and navigate difficult situations with composure and tact.
- Leading high priority (i.e. cross functional, high impact) projects to improve the revenue stream of the organization. Collaborate with managers and functional teams to create and evaluate recommendations to improve process design.
- Perform business analysis and data queries using advanced analytic tools ( R, R on Hadoop, Python, SAS, Big data solutions like Spark). Act as the liaison between operations and engineering and analytics teams.
- Investigate control and risk mitigation opportunities utilizing various root cause analysis and problem solving techniques, and facilitate cross functional initiatives.
- Work with engineering and product teams that support core processes to identify and implement technical and operational improvements. Oversee the writing and prioritization of clear product requirements and functional specifications to guide software development teams.
- Provide standard project control documentation such as schedules, status reports, budgets, risk mitigation and communication plans. Identify, forecast and manage project resources necessary for project completion.
- Prior experience in a financial marketing or risk management environment
- Prior experience of managing an analytics team.
- Strong exposure to data mining techniques including NLP techniques. Hands on development and implementation of predictive models and recommendation engines.
- Analytical Mindset and ability to see the big picture and persuade others to see the same.
- Detail-oriented and must have an aptitude for solving unstructured problems. The role will require the ability to extract data from various sources & to design/construct/execute complex analyses to finally come up with data/reports that help solve the business problem.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever changing technical environment
- Success in implementing technical projects
- Developing and maintaining highly available, accurate, automatedreal time and offline metrics that are used 24X7 by Operations teams.
- Leverage Bank Bazaar's Data Warehouse platform / cloud environment to get access to critical business information to cater to the needs of the business
- Routinely engage in analysis on many non-standard and unique business problems and use creative-problem solving to deliver actionable output
- Support the team products operationally. Help debug and troubleshoot any operational production problems.
- Experience in working with multiple databases, and NO SQL / Big data solutions in a business environment
- Good command over Java, C, Pythonor any other programming language
- Experience in providing reporting solutions to solve business needs by leveraging data warehouse data.
- Experience designing and delivering technical and user training
- Experience in working with large datasets