Manager at Axis Bank
Views:567 Applications:161 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Axis Bank - Credit Specialist - Mid Corporate Segment (7-15 yrs)
About Mid Corporate Credit :
Mid Corporate Credit underwrites credit facilities that the Bank proposes to sanction to the corporates operating in mid-market in India. The bank has a separate Mid-Market vertical which focusses to deepen its presence in regional business clusters and expand its presence amongst the companies operating with a turnover of up to Rs. 1000 crores.
About the Role:
The Bank has a separate Coverage and Credit vertical for dealing with Mid-Market companies. All the credit proposals originating from the coverage team requires independent vetting and sign off from the credit team. Therefore, the underlying role is of utmost importance in deciding the right credit and take the right decisions.
- Analyzing the overall risk profile of corporates including financial risk, business risk and management risk.
- Provide quality analysis compliant with RBI & the Bank's internal policy guidelines to lead to a conclusive decision making.
- Taking responsible credit decisions as a part of the sanctioning authority.
- Monitor and manage key trends for a designated portfolio, changes in the borrower's operating framework, economic developments as well as financial parameters of clients.
- Ensuring the delinquency levels for the designated portfolio to the minimal.
- Identifying potential early warning signals and pro-actively taking corrective steps to ensure that the Bank's interest is protected.
- Ensuring that the cases are turn around strictly as per the expected timelines.
- Frequently interacting with the company officials and liasoning with rating agencies to keep an update on the latest developments.
- Gather market intelligence with other banks/ financial institutions and entities to understand the market dynamics and risk trends.
- Liasoning with various internal departments viz. Coverage, Risk, Compliance, Audit & Operations for effective management of portfolio.
- Interacting with the regulator and statutory auditors for the designated portfolio.
- Chartered Accountant or MBA from a reputed institute
- Experience: 7-15 years
For successful execution of the job, a candidate should possess the following:
- nowledge of risks involved with an underlying credit decisions.
- Latest RBI guidelines and updates in the accounting standards
- Knowledge of relevant IT systems including NDS, Finacle etc.
- Good communication (both verbal & written) and inter-personal skills
- Strong Excel and database manipulation skills, financial and statistical analysis skills
- Ability to work effectively across functions
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as a part of team and contribute towards team goals
- Ability to work effectively across functions and demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously