Deputy Manager at Axis Bank
Views:548 Applications:149 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Axis Bank - Compliance Role - Retail Liability/KYC & Digital Banking Team (3-5 yrs)
About Compliance :
The compliance department ensures that a financial institution complies with applicable laws, regulations and rules, and it plays an essential role in helping to preserve the integrity and reputation of the bank.
About the Role :
Managing the Compliance Risk Management Activities of a) Retail Liability& Investment products (SB Accounts /TD /Debit cards/lockers/Trusts etc) b) Branch Banking Operations & KYC and c) WBP (CA /Government Business/ CMS Operations etc), covering dissemination of regulatory guidelines / implementation, annual compliance risk assessment, product / policy reviews, evaluating the existing processes / controls, carrying out root cause analysis and devising remedial action plan, Reporting to Board.
Regulatory Adherence / Implementation:
1. Understanding of regulatory guidelines / changes in guidelines issued by regulators from time to time and identifying the actionables emanating from the guidelines.
2. Ensuring that the regulatory guidelines / changes in guidelines are promptly disseminated, along with actionables, to the concerned business units / departments for implementation.
3. Monitoring the implementation of the guidelines
4. Identifying the non-compliance / breaches through various sources like Internal Audit, Operational Risk Reports, etc. carrying out root cause analysis and devise remedial action plan in co-ordination with the business unit.
5 Conducting annual compliance risk assessment, assess the residual risk and identify the critical units / areas to be focussed for mitigation of compliance risk.
6. Regular meetings with the business unit heads for discussing the compliance matters / open issues and coordinating/Monitoring the implementation remedial measures.
7. Constant monitoring of open actionables for closure / implementation.
8. Coordinating with stake holders for responses to various queries, Action Taken reports and reposting to Board and Regulator and reviewing them before submission.
Optimal qualification for success on the job is :
- MBA / Postgraduate with around 3 to 5 years of relevant experience and Banking background.
Role Proficiencies :
For successful execution of the job, a candidate should possess the following :
- Good communication (both verbal & written) and inter-personal skills
- Strong Excel and database manipulation skills, financial and statistical analysis skills)
- Ability to manage risk and uncertainty for self and team within a dynamic priority-setting environment
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as a part of team and contribute towards team goals
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
About Axis :
- Incorporated in 1994, Axis Bank is one of India's most trusted banks & the third largest in the private sector. At Axis Bank, customer centricity has always been the foundation of our business. Our efforts to address the requirements of a diverse customer cross-section are powered by robust infrastructure, advanced technology, a comprehensive monitoring & control framework & a large talent pool.
The Bank has a young & engaged workforce of over 70,000 employees, with an average age of 30 years. We are an equal opportunity employer & believe in empowering our employees by offering rich roles, learning opportunities & flexibility to chart their career, their way.