Principal Consultant at Northstar Consulting
Views:2978 Applications:583 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:303
AVP/VP - Supply Chain Management - Distribution Center (15-20 yrs)
Education: Any Engineering Graduate (Mandatory), Post graduation in Supply chain would be Preferred.
Experience: 15-20 Years in the Supply chain with at least 4 years either in Retail or distribution Environment.
- Very good man management skills at multiple locations at a senior level
- Good knowledge of warehousing practices, processes, WMS and ERP.
- Should have very good negotiation skills at all levels including but not limiting to vendors, suppliers of services, land owners, contractors etc.
- Should have served in People management positions either in Distribution or retail environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Managing the Distribution centers.
- Building and managing a robust and agile transportation network to ensure timely distribution.
- Managing the inventory, pilferages, scrap etc and ensure complete transparency.
- Building a world class quality system by bringing in the best practices suiting to organizations requirement.
- Establishment of Warehouses from location selection to operations.
- Establish and train the team on WH operations end to end.
- Expertise in WH Layout design, Rack planning, material Handling Equipment planning for optimum space utilization.
- Monitoring Stock Count Process to ensure Stock accuracy - Cyclic, Daily, Quarterly and Half yearly counts at WHs.
- Good knowledge of latest technology, innovation in the area of Supply chain.
- Evaluate SCM budgets periodically including manpower planning initiatives and ensure adherence to planned expenses.
- Appointing, negotiating and monitoring of Transporters to achieve seamless and Cost effective movement of consignments for timely deliveries.
- Monitor Transporters Performance related to Cost, Quality, Lead time and service levels.
- Interfacing with cross functional departments for ascertaining procurement plans and manage the storage optimization in the warehouses
- The job involves travelling extensively across various locations in the country. The selected candidate should be willing to do the same.