Senior HR Recruiter at Golden Hues
Views:521 Applications:146 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
AVP/VP - Regulatory Reporting - US Basel III - Investment Bank (9-15 yrs)
AVP / VP Regulatory Reporting - US Basel 3 - Mumbai
Job description :
Position Purpose :
- Provide a brief description of the overall purpose of the position, why this position exists and how it will contribute in achieving the team s goal.
- This position is required to set footprint of FinReg Governance and Regulatory Programs functions in Mumbai from US. This will help in consolidating and broadening horizon in providing US regulatory reporting & project management related functions support to US Financial & Regulatory Reporting Department.
- The FinReg Governance & Regulatory Program Manager reports to the Head of FinReg Governance & Regulatory Programs and has broad-based responsibilities.
- Lead end-to-end implementation of changes across the organization. Efforts are largely related to regulatory remediation, automation, digitization, operational excellence / efficiency, process re-engineering, and other transformation and continuous improvement initiatives across FinReg.
- Coordinate internal audits and regulatory review across the Wholesale and Retail divisions. Drive remediation efforts and implement end-to-end solution .
For reconciliations centralization initiative, responsibilities includes:
- Perform the reconciliations between the Accounting and the Risk systems, across reports, hop to hop, etc and analyses and contribute to resolution of reconciliation breaks
- Ensure all the reconciliations are performed on timely basis and shared with respective FinReg Reporting Teams (e.g. Basel III, Liquidity, CCAR, Regulatory Reporting, etc) .
- Ensure the proper audit trail and the documentation on the Reconciliations and controls.
- Understand and drive resolution of complex Reconciliations and controls issues.
- Contribute to the data collection and data source analysis and remediation of data issues of FinReg teams.
- Establish and maintain documentation of control framework and standard operating procedures.
Contributing Responsibilities :
- Program management support to include:
- Establish program structure; define and enforce program governance.
- Develop and maintain program/project plans, ensure on-time quality delivery of projects and activities assigned.
- Work with SMEs to design and develop target processes, tools/applications, and control framework.
- Monitor and report status to all stakeholders on a regular basis, consolidate and publish status reports.
- Risks, issues and change management, escalate effectively.
- Support adhoc projects and topics, drive closure to decisions and outstanding issues.
- Schedule meetings, record and publish minutes.
- Work closely with reporting team leads and stakeholders to prepare presentations for various meetings with senior management
Technical & Behavioral Competencies :
- Ability to understand complex financial products and system architectures, including accounting business processes including financial and management reporting (IFRS and US GAAP), month-end closing process, regulatory reporting, entity consolidations and multi-currency accounting.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and recommend practical and effective solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and concisely to audiences of varying technical or accounting levels.
- Ability to work effectively in geographically dispersed cross-functional teams.
- Strong Microsoft software Office skills (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
- Program and project management skills.
Specific Qualifications (if required) :
- Work experience in the field of accounting and / or in the financial services industry.
- University Degree in Finance related subject preferred.
- Management consulting, finance & accounting, audit, and regulatory reporting preferred.
- Master s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related discipline
- Experience with Foreign Banking Organization.
- Regulatory and Financial Reporting experience.
- Experience with Banking and/or Capital Markets products.