AVP - Testing/Quality Assurance - F&A Domain (10-15 yrs)
This position will be responsible for developing, coordinating and executing of the testing plans. The role would involve independent testing and reporting of the various risks and controls and publishing the results to various stakeholders including top management, business partners and process owners as a part of independent review team. The role would be responsible for assuring the management on control effectiveness by performing DEA and OET for the controls illustrated in the RCA.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
- Administers cross business/cross department review and controls testing
- Develop a periodic testing plan for GFC
- Coordinate and execute the testing plans for GFC
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Support developing, implementing and strengthening the Control Environment in GFC.
- Evaluate operational risk and control management effectiveness in Finance functions across GFC, ensuring compliance with Group Operational Risk framework and Global Finance.
- Document visit reports with agreed recommendation for resolution issues. Follow up agreed actions.
- Plan and initiate control testing to identify key control weaknesses, and to ensure that the underlying risks are mitigated adequately and effectively
- Provide independent operational risk management coverage over assigned business/ functions by providing timely and high quality operational risk opinion and advice
- Implement effective operational risk oversight via quality assurance over control testing and Risk and Control Assessment, and the analysis of control metrics and other relevant key indicators
- Recording, monitoring and tracking of the risks identified in the Group Operational Risk system (ORION)
- Track and ensure complete, consistent and timely implementation of recommendations by undertaking a series of (follow-ups) checks and reporting of any relevant issues accordingly
- Identify possible areas of operational control improvements and giving appropriate recommendations
Customers / Stakeholders
- Maintain key stakeholder relationships to enhance awareness of operational risk including its identification , assessment, mitigation and control
- To support and ensure that local management fully considers and effectively manages operational risk in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Establish a strong testing framework in the GFC
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Professional, Functional (Technical), Skills, Experience (key requirements as appropriate)
- Knowledge of finance functions in the financial services sector.
- General understanding of financial products (specifically RBMM, GB&M ) and how they impact finance operations and more generically the banking business
- Experience in leading a team of Finance professionals in achieving time based delivery targets
- Relevant experience in handling business operations of a Financial Services/Banking MNC or similar industry Proficiency/Working knowledge of fiance tools & systems
- Strong business writing skills
- Ability to provide structure and solution to problematic areas, to challenge information presented, providing reasoned explanation to ensure that agreement is reached by both parties
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills are mandatory, as are good tact and diplomacy, as the role requires relationship management with other individuals and teams within the HSBC Group
- Able to cope with pressure and tight deadlines.
- Good people skills, including ability to present to Senior Management and convey key messages.
- Assertive, with a positive attitude and an open mind.
- B.Com /M Com/ CA(Inter)/ CWA (Inter): 12-15 years
- CA/CWA/MBA: 10-13 years
While sending your resume, kindly fill the below mentioned parameters
Position Applied for:
Total work Exp: years
are you a Six Sigma Black/Master Black Belt certified? (Black / MBB) YES /NO
Name of Certification Agency:
Are you PMP certified: YES /NO
Experience in Project / Programme Management: years
Exp in Process re-engineering: years
Exp in Business Consulting: years
Exp. in Change Management / Transformations: years
Current CTC: lacs fixed + lacs (bonus/variable)
Notice period: months
Mobile: +91 8237017902
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.