Views:11869 Applications:657 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:55
AVP - Sourcing /Procurement Manager - Software Category - Investment Bank (5-8 yrs)
AVP â?? Sourcing / Procurement (Software Category) Manager at Noida
Candidates must have experience in Software Sourcing/Procurement.
Should have relevant experience of minimum 6 + years of experience into Software Sourcing.
Business Area : Operations and Technology
Department/Function Level 1 : Procurement
Department/Function Level 2 : Sourcing
Primary Location : Noida
About Procurement :
Procurement operates the global sourcing, purchasing, supplier and spend management for company within COO and is responsible for working in partnership with Business Units and suppliers to deliver innovative solutions for company, balancing costs against service levels and risks, enabling company to achieve its ambition of becoming the bank of choice. This includes responsibility for leveraging group wide spend to best effect, delivering effective global spend management across central teams, setting the framework for Procurement and Third Party risk management, ownership for the procurement systems and processes which support and control buying activity and delivering firm-wide Accounts Payable & expense payments.
Overall purpose of role :
This group are one of six key technology subcategories directly responsible for managing commercial deals in excess of - 2.3bn annually and are required to work collaboratively and strategically with the internal teams sitting within Procurement and Legal and SME functions, and with External Suppliers, to deliver a consistently high quality product and service.
- The role holder will focus primarily on executing deals in Functions Technology (HR, Legal, Finance) & GIS (Global Information Security), where there will be specific focus on compliance and security.
- Provide strong category knowledge and sourcing support to manage commercial negotiations with third parties, liaise with key business users across company to ensure favourable commercial terms which mitigate business risk. Category aligned sourcing support is provided globally, across all company businesses and geographies.
- Support Team Leaders and Category Managers with the management of key stakeholders and execute deals according to policy and agreed timelines.
- Ensure end to end sourcing cycle visibility, creating line of sight on demand, cost, service and risk.
- Work closely with the Category leads to support the development of a strategy to address the execution of each type of deal activity in a lean and the most optimal way for the firm.
Key Accountabilities :
- The role holder will be part of a team comprised of Sourcing Managers at Analyst to VP level responsible for the delivery of deals primarily for Functions Technology & GIS with third parties.
- Work with the Team Leaders, Category Management Practice strategy teams, Supplier Managers and key Business Users to agree strategy that will optimise supplier costs whilst enabling the business to maintain appropriate service levels and minimise risk.
- Lead commercial negotiations with relevant suppliers to ensure company receive best value for money and associated cost savings.
- Provide support to junior members of the sourcing team. Develop issue and manage RFIs and RFPs as appropriate to find the best sourcing solution that meets business and commercial requirements.
- Liaise with legal for the negotiation of large agreements to ensure favourable contractual terms and to mitigate key risks.
- Engage with key business owners aligned to our policies and control areas to ensure mitigation of business risks.
- Ensure that robust ongoing SLA's are in place with our suppliers and that contracts aresuccessfully handed over to supplier managers within company and Management of key high value projects through internal governance and controls to completion.
- There is a genuine global dimension to the remit as well as substantial autonomy and responsibility.
The jobholder will be interacting at senior level both internally and externally across company business units globally and must possess relevant interpersonal skills.
- Executing all projects in accordance with policy and evidenced by management assurance testing results.
- Maintaining all data and documentation as required with high degree of accuracy as evidenced by data quality tool reporting.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership :
- Work with the Category Leads (Director level) and their direct reports, stakeholders up to MD, senior executive level who are key users/owners of the spend category and negotiate with external suppliers.
- Ensure timely communication and status updates, agreeing realistic timeframes and adhering to SLAs.
- Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Support category and BU teams in opportunity assessment and identification
Risk and Control Objective :
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal company Policies and Policy Standards.
Person Specification :
- The successful candidate should have a detailed knowledge of appropriate commercial models and approaches/techniques necessary to achieve best in class deals across the category. They should have a proven ability to conduct engagement/communication with suppliers and spend categories.
- The successful candidate should have good contract negotiation skills, the relevant Financial Services and or regulated environment experience, strong networking and stakeholder management skills.
- They should be recognised internally as technical expert and SME in the areas of Sourcing for their category and have a good understanding and experience with the full suite of Sourcing tools and techniques
- They must understand the commercial value drivers over a medium term timeframe with a good knowledge of competitors and current industry practices.
The successful candidate must be a decision maker and set direction with their stakeholders where driving continuous improvement and innovation will be core objectives.
They need to be confident and effective in communicating both internally and externally and continually building on / making new relationships.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications :
- Extensive experience Strategic Sourcing within Technology (5+ years, including experience working on Compliance and Security related projects)
- Detailed understanding of the Software category, cloud and - as a service- category experience.
- Academic degree
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications :
- Supply chain/value chain design
- MBA/Post-Grad degree
- Experience working within Financial Services