IT Recruiter at Comviva Technologies
Views:456 Applications:99 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
AVP - Risk & Portfolio Management (4-7 yrs)
Job Description for AVP, Risk & Portfolio Management (relevant experience: 6-8 years)
The finance industry has ignored billions of deserving individuals. We are a mission driven team of finance, analytics and technology professionals, focused on driving financial inclusion to serve the underserved across their credit, savings and financial needs.
This role will lead a team of Risk & Portfolio analysts/managers at Yabx, be accountable for the driving the credit policy decisions across the customer life cycle as well as jointly own the Lending Portfolio P&L with the Africa Business team, in ensuring acceptable risk performance as well as driving top line revenue targets by finding and executing on expansion opportunities across partner customer segments (banks and telcos).
What we look for:
- Passion for analytics: Should have solid understanding of cutting edge credit strategy leveraging data driven models. Should have hands on experience and track record of delivering projects in individual capacity
- Process oriented: Should help in building a process that maximizes operating efficiency while maintaining risk across multiple lending cycles. There needs to be an obsession with collecting and analyzing data to drive business iterations and improvements.
- Stakeholder Management: Should have a track record of working with partners across functions internally as well as externally to build effective relationships and drive business deliverables.
- Willingness to go above and beyond: For start-ups the responsibilities and needs of the business change quickly. We're looking for someone who is not afraid to take on calculated risks and can deal with ambiguity.
Portfolio Strategy & Credit Policy
- Build credit strategy to drive the GTM strategy, customer eligibility and limit/exposure decisions through customer loan life cycle
- Partner with Africa business and product team to develop and optimize customer journey and ongoing communication to drive uptake, usage, credit education and repayment across multiple digital channels (SMS, USSD, OBD)
- Work with external debt collection agencies and optimize direct debit rules to drive collection effectiveness for delinquent customer segments and optimizing collection offers
- Building framework for measuring periodic performance of existing strategies
Portfolio Monitoring, Forecasting & Governance
- Responsible for Portfolio P&L KPIs and ensure closed loop governance with banks & telcos to set and deliver on KPI targets
- Develop portfolio tracking metrics and design reports leveraging existing tech team
- Coordinate with partner team for due/ overdue PDD process. Propose and implement solutions to keep portfolio healthy interfacing data science, product and business operations team
- Identify new customer segments and product constructs and suggest revenue enhancement opportunities
- Collaborate with product and business teams to develop and implement a "Test & Learn" agenda to continuously test new product constructs, refine offers and optimize the marketing effort/budget across the customer life cycle.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Deep knowledge of scorecards, credit policies and risk management in an unsecured retail lending context; , defining underwriting strategy & exposure management and owning portfolio KPIs for risk & revenue
- Experience in leading a 2-3 member analytics driven credit policy team for specific markets/products; Hands on experience as a data driven credit strategy analyst to provide functional guidance to team
- Good analytical thought process and aptitude for problem solving ; Hands on experience in data extraction using SQL, Python and Pyspark SQL (Big Data Hadoop/Spark Stack)
- Passion for using data and algorithm to drive underwriting decisions; Previous exposure to ML algorithms (preferably multiple)
- Strong entrepreneurial drive
Good to have:
- Previous experience in managing P&L for credit portfolio
- Experience in working with credit card firm/Digital Lending firms
- Hands on experience in working with Telecom data
About Yabx :
Yabx has offices in Amsterdam, Gurgaon, Bangalore, Bogota and Nairobi. The founding team consists of people from IIMs, IITs and Ivey League Business Schools. The team has significant data analytics, financial services and global entrepreneurial experience. They are a bunch of supercharged individuals passionate to deliver financial access to each and every individual. The company was incorporated by Mahindra Comviva in 2017.
The Yabx platform connects banks and financial services providers with prospective customers. These are small & medium enterprises and individuals who need real-time access to credit. For the same, Yabx works with partners such as mobile network operators and mobile wallet providers to reach this target segment. Yabx deploys advanced models using artificial intelligence, machine learning and data analytics to process massive volume of data from telecoms and mfs providers and further analyzes this data with the help of these algorithms to derive useful insights.
Yabx's mission is to create world-class innovative products to enable banks and mfis to further improve the lives of these underserved people. More details available on https://yabx.co
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.