Consultant at Greenhill Consulting LLP
Views:123 Applications:38 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
AVP - Regulatory Compliance - Treasury & Market - BFS (6-10 yrs)
JOB PROFILE :
Job Title : AVP - Compliance
Job Rank / Grade : AVP- Compliance
Department : LCS
Section/ Business : Area Business Compliance
Job Purpose :
- To ensure that best practices are adopted, and guidelines complied with and that all New Products and outsourcing activities comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- To assist in Reviewing and interpreting new laws and regulations and advising Units regarding legal and regulatory requirements impacting Bank (primarily pertaining to Corporate Banking, Commercial Banking, PSL, Treasury & Markets)
Key Accountabilities :
1. Knowledge of Regulatory risk.
1. Well versed with regulation/Circulars/advise from RBI/SEBI
2. Driving compliance culture and standards
3. Implementation of regulatory requirements.
4. Managing regulatory requirements for products/process/policy.
5. Managing efficient relationship with Regulator/s.
6. Risk based decision and assessment of various initiatives/Products.
7. Be trusted Advisor for Business and other stakeholders.
8. Identifying, escalation and mitigation of regulatory/Compliance risk
9. Continuous upskilling and learning for managing ever changing complex Regulatory/Compliance requirements
Job Duties & Responsibilities :
1. Evaluate business initiatives for the assigned scope of activities.
2. Support product approval and governance within regulatory framework.
3. Participate and Present compliance inputs in forums as deputed by Compliance Head.
4. Advise and support compliance head in all compliance aspects for products/business/function supported by the employee.
5. Managing stakeholders expectation within the governance/compliance framework.
6. Conducting Compliance testing in accordance with the Compliance testing plan
7. Support other team members in discharging compliance agenda
8. Assist in the conduct of RBI Audit and resolution of regulatory issues.
9. Ensure best practices are adopted and guidelines complied with and that all activities comply with applicable, rules and regulations products approvals.
10. Liaise with the Regulators and establish a cordial rapport. Correspond with the regulators, if appropriate.
11. Share know-how and experience with other the legal-compliance team and elsewhere within the compliance and legal function, including participation in any global practice groups relevant to role and expertise.
12. Supporting any assessment/scrutiny required for driving compliance culture/objective.
Core Competencies :
- Excellent diagnostic skills and rigorous approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills at all levels, especially drafting & writing skills
- Excellent comprehension skills to understand and interpret industry data and economic trends
- Strong formal presentation skills to gain acceptance to solutions, both internally and externally
- Attention to detail & Tenacious
- Ability to think creatively and identify innovative solutions; Should have a stable mindset to handle issues & also be able to think through a problem
- Should be able to identify and forecast legal & compliance risks / rewards, in line with proposed business growth & find solutions
Technical Competencies :
- Extensive financial & technical knowledge of banking and financial services laws
- Strong technical ability & ability to grasp new technical areas of law very quickly
- Knowledge on BCSBI (Banking Codes & Standards Board of India)
- Knowledge on all related laws in India especially laws governing RBI, SEBI, FEDAI, IRDA, AMFI, FIMDA, NSE, BSE, NSDL, CDSL, etc.
- Sound knowledge of the overall banking environment (primarily pertaining to Corporate Banking, Commercial Banking, PSL, Treasury & Markets)
- Must have overview of the applicability of various statutes/ laws applicable.
- Must have worked on overall regulatory compliance in Bank for 6-8 years (incl. regulatory advisory or regulatory compliance for Corporate and Commercial Banking, and, Treasury & Markets business for minimum 4 to 5 years)
Work Relationship :
- Close working relationship with all business heads, product owners & internal support functions to sign off & ensure compliance for all products & services offered.
- External interaction with governing bodies such as the RBI, SEBI, FEDAI, IRDA, AMFI, FIMDA, NSE, BSE, NSDL, CDSL, etc.
- Drive Performance Through Value Based Propositions
- Ensure Customer Focus by Delighting Customers & Reduce Complaints
- Enhance Knowledge Base, Build Skill Sets & Develop Competencies
- Execute at Speed While maintaining Error Free Operations
- Develop a Passion for Performance to Grow Talent Pool
- Maintain the Highest Standards of Honesty and Integrity