AVP - Industry Risk/Research & Rating Models Management - Bank (6-13 yrs)
Given below the position details with a Leading Bank
Position : AVP-Industry Risk/Research & Rating Models Management
Business Unit: Risk
Function: Wholesale Banking Risk
Work Experience: Relevant functional work-experience of Industry Research as well as Rating Models Management
- Develop in-house expertise in Industry Risk for all corporate sectors and financial intermediaries. Regularly produce research reports on market dynamics in the relevant industry.
- Assess Industry Research Reports, industry statistics available across various sources and maintain active dialogue with industry experts in order to identify and maintain key Risk drivers for each industry
- Develop the Causality chain of macro and micro economic metrics to default probability in the industry
- Make frequent presentations to Executive Committees of the Bank and Risk Executives for Macro-economic & Industry reviews, Sectoral Trends and address thematic industry analytics/assessments from time to time (need based)
- Responsible for Industry related bank policies e.g. Stressed Sector policies, Correlated Sectors policies etc.
End to end responsibility of Credit Rating Models Governance for the bank as stipulated by RBI, Basel norms and internal requirements. This entails:
- Developing consensus and maintenance of Industry Risk Scores in various Rating Models used by Credit Analysts.
- Timely updates and maintenance of Probability of Default (PD) values used by the bank.
- Maintenance of Rating Validation framework applicable to the bank - frequent re-validations and re-calibrations exercise in-house and coordinated with third party from time to time.
- Rating Migration Analytics and forward looking model revisions
- Building of internal ratings database for the bank with long term objective of adopting Basel Advanced Internal Rating Based approach (AIRB) for capital computation.