Director at Indigo Global Consultants
Views:669 Applications:120 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:61
AVP - Industrial Relations/Employee Relations - Manufacturing Unit (20-28 yrs)
This position will be responsible for :
- Define proactive industrial relations strategy and review implementation
- Ensure compliance to All Applicable Labor Laws
- Drive central initiatives for the administration function to create value as CoE.
- Responsible for overlooking contract labour across organization
- Responsible to take actions on legal cases in consultation with Internal/ External legal team.
- Define long-term and short-term industrial relations strategy and policies across locations - in terms of Long Term Wage Settlements, Union leadership development
- Build IR capability across locations to meet current and future business challenges.
- Define implementation policies and guidelines for flexi work force including FTC, Contractual, Mathadi's and Security teams.
- Define strategies for supporting the finalization of long-term wage settlements with the trade unions of workmen including mathadis.
- Ensuring career progression for Union employees with help of Plant Unit HR.
- Setup processes and clear escalation mechanisms to minimize loss of productivity due to IR issues.
- Responsible to build the connects and engagement with Union employees and their families.
- Ensure adherence to policies and guidelines in collaboration with sector HR, site head and sector heads
- Support and guide the BUs in all aspects concerning disciplined management and conduct of domestic enquiries.
- Provide guidance in interpretation of Standing Orders
- Lay down guidelines on matters pertaining to applicability of Payment of Bonus to eligible employees.
- Responsible to create an ecosystem at plant locations with our employees, government & statutory bodies, compliance agencies etc to ensure smooth functioning at the plant
- Identify and communicate all applicable labour laws, statutory frameworks for effective execution of the same.
- Keep abreast with all impending changes in statutory matters and provide guidance to the organization in devising a plan of action
- Regularly review compliance requirements and update policies as applicable.
- Conduct labour laws compliance reviews to establish strong controls
- Escalate non-adherence issues, work along with internal audit, legal to mitigate risks
- Drive resolution of legal matters pertaining to/ involving employees.
- Coordinate with legal team, wherever needed to support resolution as applicable
- Drive central initiatives for the administration function across manufacturing and corporate locations like cost efficiency, process improvement.
- Identify value-creation initiatives from the administration function and ensure implementation through working with the HRBPs/ Sector Administration department.
- Conducting internal audits at agreed frequency on identified areas to ensure compliance and continuous improvement.
- Define annual administration budget and ensuring to keep it under control.
- Define the contract labour management framework for all locations and ensuring cost effectiveness and control.
- Ensuring all compliances related to contract labour are adhered to.
- Responsible to manage all the grievances related to contract labours.
- Provide support to locations in case of any legal/ disciplinary actions to be taken for contract labour.