Senior Manager at SkillVentory
Views:540 Applications:101 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:54
AVP - Corporate Governance & Company Secretary - Bank (10-15 yrs)
A Multinational Bank is looking for a candidate to manage and implement their Corporate Governance framework of India. Additionally, candidate will also act as a Company Secretary for their subsidiary company focused into IT Systems Development.
Job Summary :
- This role is within the Strategic Planning function of the Subsidiary Company. The person will be appointed as the Company Secretary of subsidiary and will be primarily responsible for implementing the corporate governance framework of the Company and the Bank in India. The job requires provision of guidance to company directors, and senior leaders about the organization, from holistic regulatory, secretarial and corporate compliance point of view, working in close coordination with other functions of the Bank.
Job Responsibilities :
- To act as a Company Secretary for for the subsidiary;
- To implement the Corporate Governance framework for Bank in India;
- To conduct, convene and record meetings of the Board of Directors, EXCO, Management Committees etc in close coordination with internal stakeholders;
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to the Board, CEO and other senior business leaders, providing legal, financial and strategic advice;
- Support Head of Planning on conceptualisation and execution of strategic projects and handling of regulatory affairs, in close coordination with CCO;
- Keeping abreast of applicable regulatory developments and ensuring due compliance of the same;
- Provide in-depth support with interpretive thinking to define problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Drive process enhancements by working collaboratively with all members of the organization.
- Work collaboratively across functional teams within India to ensure effective and efficient operations.
Additional Skills :
- Project management skills
- Understanding of an effective corporate governance or risk management framework
- The ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, including Bank staff, management, and directors where required
- Ability to work autonomously and initiate and prioritize own work
Must Haves :
- CS qualification
- From Banking and Financial Services industry, MNC preferrred.