Assistant Consultant at Huquo
Views:163 Applications:38 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
AVP - Analytics - P&C Insurance Domain (9-12 yrs)
Role Overview :
- Doing independent research, analyze, and present data as assigned
- Expected to work in close collaboration with the team and clients on analytics projects for general insurance related to pricing/claim analysis
- Predictive modeling based GLM for personal and commercial lines, developing statistical models in R, Python, SAS.
- Develop detailed SAS codes for data preparation and model scoring to be used in production
- Critically examine and deep dive into models
- Prepare detailed documentation of models and preparing presentations
- Assist in learning and development of new team members
- Identify and participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure compliance with Data Privacy and Protection Guidelines
- Complete understanding of the current state of affairs and problem statement
- Experience in data extraction and data manipulation in SAS
- In-depth data analysis like identifying major trends, univariate and multi-variate analysis
- Importing, merging and appending different datasets, joins in SAS
- Complete understanding of SAS macros and other SAS functions like - proc import, proc sort, proc sql, data merge, proc transpose, proc export, proc sgplot, proc genmod, proc hpgenselect etc.
- Experience in using SAS macros for Emblem and preparing datasets in SAS for Emblem modeling is good to have.
- Personal and commercial lines general insurance pricing, application of GLM using Emblem or other tools. Building the loss cost models in SAS/ R/ Python/ Emblem by applying the GLM technique, involving identifying and analyzing the trends in the rating factors, and correlations among them. Building a simple factor model, followed by interaction testing and simplification of the rating factors and applying the inflation and reserving adjustments for future projections, validating the model and model management.
- Experience in data control and data automation
- Knowledge of general insurance domain and P&C actuarial concepts is a must
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors/Master's degree in economics, mathematics, actuarial sciences, computer science/engineering, operations research or related analytics areas; candidates with BA/BS degrees in the same fields from the top tier academic institutions are also welcome to apply
- 9 years experience, preferably in general insurance pricing analytics
- Model development experience in R, Python, SAS.
- Strong and in-depth understanding of statistics
- Data analysis experience
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in fast pace continuously evolving environment and ready to take up uphill challenges
- Is able to understand cross cultural differences and can work with clients across the globe