AGM - BD & Operations at Silverpeople
Views:192 Applications:27 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Automation Manager - Development/Technical Support - Online Retail/eCommerce (3-8 yrs)
- We are hiring for fast-growing online retail firm which is associated to one of the multi-national e-commerce giants. The firm was established in 2014 and has witnessed exponential growth since then. It offers over 6 lakh products across multiple categories like Books, Media, Apparel, Shoes, Furniture, Appliances, Consumables etc. and has buying relationships with brands across the world.
- Automation manager is specialist in improving Operational efficiency with deep domain knowledge. They design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, evaluate, support, and modify internal end-user tools/applications. They build/modify software that extends the functionality of the system or tool, improves business processes, helps end users do their jobs better, and works within the overall system architecture. They have a great flair for automation backed by good scripting and analytical ability.
- The successful candidate will also have a flair for problem solving, is a fast learner, pro-active, enjoys working in a large/medium/small scale distributed environments, has good development, debugging and troubleshooting skills, is able think on the feet, is detail oriented, and can communicate well with teams across and cross functions.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Automate Complex repetitive tasks to reduce man-hours spent on an activity
- Extract data from Flat files, portals, devices and complex data sources; collate info from varied sources/formats & transfer info to desired format to different destinations and make complex reports based on data extracted
- Develop user friendly tools and web based automations to automate/improve the operational tasks, reporting, tracking mechanisms and workflows.
- Release and Deployment of software to the production/test environment
- Develop good code in object oriented environment (C++/Java)
- Performs well-defined, entry-level programming tasks associated with the modification, development, debugging, and support of software applications and tools in a particular domain area.
- Executes small scale technical projects and/or play a role in aspects of larger projects.
- Able to communicate technical details to non-tech stakeholders. Able to write BRDs and work with the Core / product teams at times
Required Technical Skills :
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3-5 years overall development/technical support experience.
- Development Experience in Java or open source-based technologies. Understanding of XML/SOAP, web services, web application development, and industry-standard commerce systems.
- Detailed knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system and tools
- Detailed knowledge of MySQL / MSSQL or other RDBMS.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues in mid Level applications.
- Demonstrated skill and passion for problem solving and operational excellence.
- Strong knowledge in developing interfaces between Visual Basic and Web Pages, MS Excel, MS Access and MS Outlook.
Required Soft Skills :
BIG PICTURE : solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
PROACTIVE : Displays energy and initiative in solving problems. Follows all possible avenues to get the job done.
ADAPTABLE : Undertakes a variety of tasks willingly. Switches from complex to routine tasks when required. Adapts quickly to new technologies and products. Works effectively with a variety of personalities and work styles.
HANDLING STRESS : Demonstrates ability to retain composure under stressful conditions, communicates effectively with a wide array of individuals at Amazon, and gets the right things done.
QUALITY : Demonstrates appropriate quality and thoroughness.
INTEGRITY : Acts with personal integrity at all times.
PROFESSIONAL : Works within team's process. Confronts problems (even when outside own domain), propose solutions, take ownership through to resolution or ensure a clear hand-off. Has a positive, can-do approach to work.