Athena Infonomics - ICT4D Manager - Application Development Project Management (7-10 yrs)
Position: ICT4D Manager
Deadline: 31st January 2021
About Us :
Who we are : Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
What we do : Data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
Our clients: Bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
The Athena team: A dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities :
- Application Development Project Management
- Coordinate with vendor management
- Manage UAT
- Ensure quality control
- Work with business teams to undertake business functionality analyses, preparing specifications, converting specifications into instructions to developers
- Ensure timely and on-budget delivery of technology projects
- Provide technical inputs to proposals for business development
- Contribute to strategy for the technology division at Athena
Required Work Experience:
Atleast 7 years of relevant experience in either of the following:
- A development/management consulting firm
- A research institute/firm/public policy think tank
- A bilateral agency or international donor agency
- Managed development of mobile and desktop applications
- Managed vendor selection and management
- Worked on agile software development techniques
- Having a strong understanding of different development environments
Required Educational Qualifications and Competencies:
- Relevant Bachelors or Masters degree
- Certification in Project Management
- Logical thinking and strong analytical abilities
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills. Must be able to express ideas effectively in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Team management skills
- Attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial attitude to handle challenging tasks, deal with ambiguity and shoulder responsibility
What You Can Gain :
- Opportunity to engage intensively with and contribute to the growth of Athenas rapidly expanding development portfolios.
- Knowledge of and experience working with major development agencies, governments and the private sector and opportunity to actively shape the outcomes of exciting projects funded by them.
Apply with the following details in the resume :
Willingness to be based out of Chennai/Delhi:
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.