Athena Infonomics - Associate Manager - Finance - CA (3-5 yrs)
Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities :
Finance & Accounts :
- Ensuring proper Cash, Bank & Credit Card Payments (including BRS) including monthly closure of books of accounts
- Preparation of various account / ledger reconciliation statements including inter-company reconciliation
- Proper accounting of Opex & CAPEX, Income / Revenue & Expenses etc
- Ability to deal with cross country transactions and comply with the statutory requirements
- Timely MIS reporting (cashflow, project and entity profitability etc) and preparation of other adhoc reports required from time to time
- Supporting in Budgeting activity
- Assisting in administering the travel & expense policy
- Regulatory compliance of Income Tax Act, Companies Act, GST Act etc., on time
- Filing Income Tax (ITR/Tax Audit/TP) & GST Returns with respective departments
- TDS Remittance (monthly) & Filing Quarterly TDS Returns and other compliance
- GST remittance (monthly)
- PF & PT - payment & return filing
- Attending notices from various departments efficiently
- Attending various kinds of audits - Statutory Audit, Tax Audit and TP Audit, GST Audit etc
- Be up to date in all the statutory & compliance matters
- Data maintenance - All files relating to Accounts, Banking & other correspondence with various Authorities, Employee personnel files, if any, and Company's contract documents & other relevant correspondence
- Vendor Management
- Preparing statements, work orders and purchase orders etc
- Liaison with bankers for various company's needs on time-to-time basis
- Insurance - Medi-claim and personal accident taking care of Claims & helping employees on Medical Insurance related issues, if any
- Supporting on Employee joining and exit formalities
- Conducting employee Induction related to Finance & Accounts.
- Support or Contribute to Systems / Process and Improvements to routine tasks
- Implementing procedures and revisiting the same on timely basis
- Helping on tax planning to employees / company
- Preparation of various contracts/agreements
- Other assignments as and when required
Qualifications and Experience :
- Should be a qualified CA
- Should have 3-5 years of related work experience at either
- Management Consulting firm
- IT Services Company
- Chartered Accountancy Firm
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team setting in a fast-paced environment (verbal and written)
- Able to connect with people and collaborate with key stakeholders effectively
- Attention to detail
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and schedule work assignments. The ability to meet deadlines.
Please apply with your CV, one-page cover letter and following information :
If current location is not Chennai, then are you willing to relocate to Chennai (Yes/No):
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.