Assurance Manager - Statutory Audit - Big4 (5-9 yrs)
Why this opportunity?
Predictable work life balance without excessive travel.
Opportunities to work directly with domestic and international engagement teams.
As an Assurance Manager, the individual should be a qualified accountant with excellent leadership skills. The incumbent gets an excellent opportunity to work virtually or directly with the engagement teams across Americas and Europe, and develop knowledge of international accounting and assurance principles.
Job Responsibilities / Major Accountability:
- Support a portfolio of engagements, by leading a team of Assistant Managers, Seniors and Associates
- Ensure the team delivers timely and high-quality work,
- Demonstrate strong understanding of client's methodology in service delivery and supporting various quality projects, such as pre-issuance reviews, assurance quality reviews, efficiency projects and others
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key engagement team counterparts, such as Assurance executives based in Americas or Europe
- Work closely with the engagement team to transition new engagements and services to Assurance while maintaining the highest levels of quality of service
- Monitor utilization for one's team, budget to actual, and other operational matters
- Demonstrate professionalism, competence and clarity of communication when dealing with engagement teams
- Standardize assurance processes along with leveraging best practices across one's aligned engagements or beyond
- Help team members grow by encouraging them to actively contribute to the team
- Lead by example, delegate work successfully and develop and maintain high performing teams
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback and training.
- Use technology and tools to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery
- Contribute to technical and soft-skills training to continually develop the team's skills
- Actively participate in organizational initiatives, such as recruitment, diversity and inclusiveness, trainings, and others.
Education / Experience:
- Expert knowledge of Indian accounting and assurance standards or knowledge of IFRS
- Knowledge of UKGAAP or US GAAP and International assurance standards is an added advantage
- Qualified chartered accountant (ICAI, CPA or ACCA) -
- Internship with other top or mid-tier accounting firm
- 5 to 8 years of post-qualification experience with either a mid or top-tier accounting firm, focused on external or statutory assurance matters for an MNC or a large Indian company, preferably within a shared services environment
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.