Associate Team Lead - Laytime Specialist - FMCG (2-5 yrs)
Role Purpose Statement
- The overall responsibility of the Laytime Specialist is to calculate Laytime accurately within stipulated time and eventually settle the same, following the fixture's terms for Demurrage, Detention and Dispatch for all marine shipments executed, maintaining compliance with Bunge values, policies and procedures. The Laytime Specialist will work based on the inputs from the various trading desks, trade execution and maritime freight department, as well as external counterparties.
Key Interfaces: Internal - External
This is a role that interacts with trading, freight, execution, controlling, accounting, finance desks across the regions Bunge serves.
Main Accountabilities :
- Laytime (Demurrage, Despatch, Detention) calculation, control and settlement
- Analyze charterparties and voyage documents, clarify events with trade execution and freight departments
- Invoice customers with full supporting documentation, monitor collection and perform cash application
- Produce and retain documentation in accordance with internal and external policies' and procedures'
Requirements : Review counterparty claims and disputes and liaise with internal and external counterparties as to the correctness of the calculation
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) :
- Timeline of completion of Laytime calculation
- Count of errors in the related processes
- Document control
Knowledge, Skills and Experience :
- Degree in Business Management, Logistics or related field
- Desirable minimum 2-3 years of experience in international logistics, freight or related field
- Advanced in both written and verbal English. Desirable German, French or Spanish.
- Computer proficiency (SAP, Analytical tools, MS Office)
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement
- Learning Orientation
- Highly organized and able to work within required timeliness and applicable KPI's
- Flexible and adaptive to changing conditions in the business/market environment
- Strong customer service, communication skills/soft skills
- Attention to details, process oriented and analytical skills
- Work well as part of a team to achieve a common objective
- Effective decision making and problem solving
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.