Assistant Researcher at New Era India Consultancy Pvt. Ltd.
Views:1449 Applications:120 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Associate/Senior Associate - Economic Research - BFS (1-2 yrs)
NOTE: Please apply if you are from the below mentioned institute only.(Mandatory)
Purpose of the job:
To be an integral team member of the Economics team within Global Research you will be required to -
- Partner with the on-shore Economics team to support research operations
- Compile / Maintain databases and forecast files.
- Develop and maintain statistical models to forecast economic variables such as inflation, GDP, trade etc.
- Writing research reports and notes on Asian economies along with country senior economists as required.
- Actively collaborating with researchers from other asset classes to maintain consistency of forecasts.
Skill Set -
Being proactive with a positive attitude and high energy are key personal/professional attributes. This role also requires constant communication and collaboration with teammates. The skills below are essential for a smooth functioning -
- A strong understanding of macroeconomic concepts and financial markets
- Analytical reasoning
- Excellent written & verbal communication / presentaion skills
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills and familiarity with statistical packages such as Eviews, SPSS or STATA
- Hands on experience in creating statistical models will be an added plus
- Ability to operate under pressure, multi-task, and be driven
- Extremely meticulous and organised
- Ability to both work in both a team environment and autonomously
- Masters in Economics from leading universities such as JNU, Delhi School of Economics, Indian Statistical Institute, IGIDR & Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics.
- 1-2 years of experience in macro economics research.