Talent Acquisition at Third Sector Partners
Views:510 Applications:27 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Associate Secretary General - Pharma (15-20 yrs)
Organization: INDIAN PHARMACEUTICAL ALLIANCE
Job Title: ASSOCIATE SECRETARY GENERAL
Reports to: SECRETARY GENERAL
This renowned association was set up a decade back, it represents research based national pharmaceutical companies. Collectively, they account for almost 85 per cent of the private sector investment in research and development.
- To make quality medicines available, accessible and affordable to people across the world.
- To disseminate knowledge, share best practices and work towards excellence in quality.
- To contribute to policy dialogues on these topics.
Aims and Objectives:
- Partnering the government in the evolution of a patent regime that will on the one hand meet the TRIPs obligations and on the other serve national interest;
- Engaging the government in constructive dialogue to move to price management from price control regime for the benefit of the consumer;
- Working with the government in progressively upgrading regulatory provisions, procedures and standards to suit the country's requirements;
- Assisting the government agencies in carrying out a campaign against spurious drugs which are a menace to the society.
- To promote skill development in the life sciences sector.
Reason for Hire:
It is the most powerful and the most prominent association representing the dynamic and evolving Indian Pharmaceutical fraternity. Given the ever changing economic landscape across local and global markets, the fraternity needs a strong body having strong leadership representing them, in order to capitalize on the opportunities and play an important role in protecting the interests of its members both in global and local markets. This role so far has been played very successful by the current Secretary General who is a veteran in terms of his understanding of the various dynamics within the sector as well as his prudence in dealing with the same.
However at this stage he is keen to make way for new leadership to take the association forward and remain as a Mentor to the new incumbent. Given this mission, the association is seeking to hire a leader as Associate Secretary General to lead the association in the coming days.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop in-depth understanding, and demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for the organization's vision
- Lead the strategic direction and business management.
- Lead the advocacy efforts to protect the Indian industry from business threats of all kinds both domestic as well as global.
- Maintain excellent relationships with all international, national, state and local government stakeholders in order to advocate and guide towards fair and logical decision making and legislation on behalf of members.
- Represent the industry at relevant business forums including public speaking engagements.
- Ensure appropriate brand management, communication and positive media profile is maintained for the organization, across digital and traditional media.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant external requirements. Also ensure all legal statutory requirements are complied with and monitored in accordance with the requirements.
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably required.
- Any Post Graduate degree.
- Minimum 15 years of experience with atleast 5 years in a leadership capacity in a similar setup or within the sector.
- Ability to interpret data and research findings into simple policy briefs.
- Ability to communicate with technical / non technical audience
- Strategic thinking and results driven individual with strong analytical mind. Proven facilitation and negotiation skills. External leadership and networking skills.
- Ability to positively influence and build confidence in a multitude of stakeholders both external and internal
- Ability to represent the association in professional forums at the highest level. Enjoy building positive relationships with a wide range of individuals.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.