Managing Director at Edge In Asia Recruitment Private Limited
Views:20 Applications:4 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Associate - Market Underwriting - Property & Casualty Insurance (4-9 yrs)
Our client is one of the world's leading wholesale providers of reinsurance, insurance and other insurance-based forms of risk transfer. Currently looking for a skilled professional to join as Market Underwriter Associate in Property & Casualty (P&C) client management team in Mumbai.
Some of the key responsibilities will include :
- Support to develop and champion client relations assisting senior client manager seamless delivery of services and business quotations.
- Train to perform underwriting analysis for treaty business and learn the basics of underwriting through training programmes.
- Support during annual renewal and new business and to identify clients' needs and deploy services as applicable.
- Gather and internally share market intelligence (trends in buying behaviors and competitors' undertakings).
- You will execute a growth strategy with a focus on India, including action plans and financial targets, with respect to developing business with the public sector.
- You will approach and interact with national and state governments, development banks and organizations, as well as NGOs, to analytically and holistically understand their operating contexts and in turn compile their risk financing needs.in association with senior client managers.
- You will conduct preliminary market research, assess opportunities, and develop new products as required for risk transfer from the public sector. You will develop the technical skill to liaise with the costing/pricing teams to take transactions to the finish line.
To be eligible for this role you will require :
- You are analytical, open to learning, and have a problem-solving mindset.
- You are very client-focused and persistent and know how to turn customer needs into transactions. Understanding and addressing the needs of the public sector is at the core of the proposed approach.
- You have an intimate understanding of the Indian public sector and business culture.
- You either have or are working towards a fellowship in an actuarial society and have/develop a good grasp of product development and pricing methods.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills and are ready for travel within the region.
- You possess strong business acumen and are skilled in prioritizing and running multiple projects in parallel.
- You are good at navigating within a complex environment and an excellent team player.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.