Associate - Legal Counsel - Wholesale Payments - LLB (2-6 yrs)
Legal - Wholesale Payments Legal Counsel, Associate LLB
Job Description :
- Qualified lawyer with 2-6 years of post-qualification legal experience
- Strong drafting, negotiation and legal analytical skills
- Ability to communicate well and work in a cross-functional, cross-jurisdiction, team to achieve common goals
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and respond to business needs and goals.
- Experience in cash management, liquidity, e-commerce, financial market infrastructure, credit transactions, supply chain finance, factoring, receivables purchase, ICC Uniform Practices and/or merchant acquiring will be an advantage
- Qualified in India or other common law jurisdiction with at least 4 years post qualification corporate/commercial legal experience either as in-house counsel or as a lawyer in a top tier corporate law firm. Working for the financial services industry would be a plus but is not a pre-requisite.
- Track record of commercial contract drafting and negotiation and legal analytical skills.
- Fluent English speaker.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi jurisdiction environment, experience in remote working/ off shore working would be a plus but it is not a pre-requisite.
- Ability to timely and appropriately identify and escalate issues giving rise to legal or regulatory risk for the Bank.
- Ability to prioritise work under pressure and respond to business needs and goals.
- Ability to adapt and apply legal skills in new businesses and subjects, and willingness to develop and excel beyond his/ her comfort zone.
- Negotiating a variety of ancillary documents (including non-disclosure agreements, termination letters, amendment agreements such as in response to corporate events relevant for our clients etc.) based on internal guidance and standard operating procedures.
- Preparing responses to clients Request-For-Proposals.
- Working with Network Management and Wholesale Payments business partners to revise existing documentation consistent with firm, regulatory, and industry standards.
- Extracting key terms from contracts and preparing legal summaries for inclusion in the Network Management legal agreement repository.
- Reviewing and extracting key metadata points of material client contracts.
- Reviewing regulatory obligations and contractual disclosures as they pertain to Wholesale Payment Products and jurisdictions.
- Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders across Front Office, Operational, Risk and Compliance functions located offshore.
- Participating in regional and global Wholesale Payments and Network Management initiatives and projects, including contract template developments, remediation, know-how, best practices and procedures, legal document generation and key meta data extraction from client documents.