Associate - Legal - Corporate Functions - Captive LPO - LLB (3-6 yrs)
Job Description :
- To assist in managing the review and support of wholesale financial transactional documentation including credit, trading, TOBs, brokerage and cap markets documentation.
- Responsible for reviewing constitutional documents, to ensure that all the requisite corporate consents and capacity and authority requirements are in place prior to finalization of agreements and subsequent commencement of business or trading.
- Collaborate and support regional legal teams on global documentation or remediation projects.
- Provide gap analysis and summary of transaction and client specific deviations in negotiated agreements from standardized templates or against playbooks and policy manuals to identify discrepancies, escalation mechanisms and managing remediation exercises.
- Assisting the regional legal teams to enter data from standardized or negotiated agreements into internal systems and to assist in the maintenance of databases relating to firmwide initiatives.
- Drafting, reviewing and finalizing documentation for the JPMorgan legal teams including notices, consents, MOUs, LOIs and RFPs, etc. in accordance with existing templates.
Qualifications for the role:
- A law graduate from a premier law school in India
- 3-4 Years PQE in professional practice or in a similar role with a captive LPO
- Superior communication skills and be able to work comfortably with business and management teams,
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively at a local, regional and global level
- Competency in the use of technology, documentation management systems and shared databases will be viewed favorably;
- Able to communicate well and work in a cross-functional team to achieve common goals;
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills;
- Ability to identify and escalate issues timely and appropriately;
- Comfortable working to metrics and data measurement systems; and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and within tight deadlines.