Owner at Transcend HR Solutions
Views:392 Applications:100 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:90
Associate - Institutional Research - Telecom/Media/Oil & Gas (2-5 yrs)
IE for telecom, media, oil & Gas sector ONLY
Job Description :
Position: Oil and Gas, Telecom and Media (including internet classifieds) Associate
CA + CFA (level 2+) or an MBA + CFA (level 2+)
Experience: 4-5 years relevant experience.
Client is seeking an equity research enthusiast to be part of its - Oil and Gas, Telecom and Media (including internet classifieds)- research team in India. The role provides an opportunity to learn a wide gamut of business models ranging from old-world Oil and Gas companies to new age internet classifieds companies.
Traditionally seen as the backbone of the country's energy needs, Oil and Gas companies are now foraying into new energy and new materials- production to keep pace with global energy transition. Telecom and media businesses are converging and launching their own content distribution models, adapting to the digitisation needs of consumers and businesses. India's largest conglomerate has presence across all these value chains. We hope to creating a comprehensive, differentiated and well recognized research franchise in this space.
Recurring tasks cut across investment research and relationship management. Investment research tasks include keeping the team updated with latest sector developments globally, maintenance of sector databases, industry and company models, custom client queries, client presentations, primary research and creating new company/industry models from scratch. The team member will also be involved in maintaining relationships with corporates and clients (internal and external).
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the Oil and Gas space and has a solid understanding of a multitude of business models. A self-starter with strong financial analysis ability, written and spoken communication skills, who enjoys analysing global trends backed by data and inferring the same for companies. The ideal candidate would be someone who is working in an equity research setup, preferably with a focus on global oil and gas.
Skill Sets Required:
- In-depth understanding of various business models in the Oil and Gas space
- Willingness to learn new sectors as the associate would need to scale up and learn Indian telecom, media and internet classifieds businesses.
- Ability to build excel databases, maintain and decipher a wide plethora of global and domestic data from Bloomberg and industry sources like PPAC, BARC, DoT and TRAI.
- Perform secondary and primary research through channel checks, especially in telecom/media, to gather information about market size, key players, their management teams, suppliers, customers and products.
- Strong analytical and quantitative aptitude, keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high-pressure environment.
- A team player
- Proactive and entrepreneurial
- Result oriented
- A learner