Senior Researcher at New Era India
Views:2043 Applications:639 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Associate - Equity Research - Investment Bank (1-3 yrs)
Associate - Equity Research_Banking Sector Only
Must-Have: Incumbent should have experience in Equity research, financial modelling, DCF and Banking sector.
To be an integral team member of sector team in the Global Research division, providing a variety of research, modeling and analytical services to onshore members of the team
1. Regular communication with the global team and with other parts of business
2. Strong analytical skills
3. Diligent, organized and should be able to work in a team
4. Industry/company analysis
5. Advanced financial modeling and valuation
6. Write research and key reports for external/internal use, Internal presentations on investment views on sector/companies
7. Knowledge of statistical/quantitative techniques an advantage
8. Proficient at using MS Excel and MS word; database skills an advantage
1. Working on company models involving regular updation and new model creation with guidance from onshore.
2. Regularly updating and creating complex industry databases.
3. Make meaningful contribution to flash notes, company reports and sector notes with guidance from onshore counterparts.
4. Working on various client requests independently in a timely and accurate manner.
5. Preparing and maintaining Onshore analyst's marketing presentations.
6. Continuous monitoring of economic data/news to study impact on the sector.
7. Working knowledge of data sources such as Bloomberg, Data stream, Factiva, CEIC
1. Technical skills: Sound financial modeling and analytical skills".
2. Language skills: Should be very good in written and spoken English".
3. Equity research experience and working knowledge of Consumer Retail sector will be preferred
4. Knowledge and understanding of various valuation methodologies and metrics would be expected
5. Sharp thinker and a fast learner.
6. Should hold strong capabilities of creating and maintaining voluminous databases. Should also possess good know how about various market databases such as Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters
In addition, he should be able to:
1. Model companies independently, give rationale-driven forecasts/valuations & be a thought partner on forecasts
2. Give suggestions/thought partnership for ratings/calls/target prices, where permitted in the sectors mentioned above
3. Write flash notes and make contribution to company/sector notes and some contribution to big thematic with guidance from on-shore
4. Open to extend working hours whenever required and should be flexible in aligning work timings according to business need.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.