HR at Leading Investment Bank
Views:2007 Applications:667 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:35
Associate - Equity Research - Global Markets - Investment Bank (2-3 yrs)
- Join as an integral part of Asia ex Japan Equity Strategy research team.
- The role will involve supporting senior analyst based in Singapore.
- The successful candidate will be part of a highly-regarded team with a mandate for research on Asia Pacific equity strategy and bespoke client service. The team produces regular written output on a variety of discretionary subjects with a substantial amount of underlying analysis, and the candidate would be expected to contribute to the reports in terms of idea generation and analysis.
- Work on building financial/quantitative models and strategies for the team which use company and/or macro-economic data; maintain these databases on a regular basis.
- Assist in writing full or parts of research reports; Build marketing presentations with the direction of senior analyst.
- Keep an eye on important regional/global news flow which could likely have impact on equities in the region.
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure and amid tight deadlines and be able to respond to requests from internal and external clients (both fundamental and quantitative) in a flexible manner. Candidate is sometimes expected to work late hours due to the requirements of the role which is very sensitive to market news flow.
- The role offers the right candidate huge potential to develop and grow knowledge of the workings of a financial market.
- Ideally have 2-3 years equity/credit/quantitative research experience which demonstrates superior analytical ability
- Degree in Finance/Economics or Engineering/Statistics /Mathematics from a premier institute is mandatory
- Should be able to formulate a problem, undertake the required analysis and interpret the results
- Be able to think through complex issues and be comfortable dealing, sometimes, with ambiguity in an effort to find solutions
- Be highly numerate, with exceptional quantitative financial analysis and modelling skills
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PPT
- Should be highly comfortable organising and analysing large amounts of data to find meaningful conclusions.
- CFA/CFA candidate/ Master's degree will be preferred
- Some basic programming/ econometrics skills and background (VBA, R) etc. are preferred. The candidate should be open to spend some of his/her time using programming skills to develop and maintain databases to enhance productivity.
- Some experience of financial databases such as Bloomberg, Factset, Thomson Reuters/ Eikon is good to have
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (written and oral) with attention to detail.
- Basic familiarity with report-writing for a business audience and ability to formulate and articulate views logically
- Be a good team player
- A passion for financial markets. The ability to transfer theory to practice, demonstrated through work experience or finance-related projects/ internships/ modules during course work would be an added advantage
- Have an appetite for top-down research/macro-research to identify investment themes; and passionate about developing knowledge of Global Markets not only limited to equities, but also potentially rates, FX, commodities, etc.