CEO at Hexagon Executive Search
Views:1183 Applications:149 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Associate Director - Retirement Operations - Client Services - BPO (12-18 yrs)
Job Title : Associate Director
Position Summary : Describe below the primary purpose and function of this job
Associate Director is responsible for one or more Client Services functions. Incumbent is responsible for the daily management of operations and oversight of various types of transactions, controls and operational responsibilities varying in complexity in order to meet business standards and goals. The incumbent of this position will play a critical role in the continuation of E2E initiatives and continuous improvement efforts and projects.
Key Duties & Responsibilities : List up to 5 key duties and responsibilities, management responsibilities and time spent (if applicable)
- Lead a team of Sr. Associates, Associates and Analysts across one or more Client Services functions to ensure established goals and standards are met at expected quality and productivity levels.
- Coordinate with other internal business partners such as Quality Control Team and Compliance to optimize delivery of services to clients and make customer service based decisions related to customer requests. This includes operating and making decisions collaboratively and with a common goal in mind.
- Serve as advocate for clients in the development and delivery of products for participants and/or administrators.
- Establish and effectively communicate linkages between company mission, vision, corporate strategies, and business area specific initiatives.
- Prioritize tasks, issues and projects basis its importance & impact on business - maintain proper balance.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement and efficiency for operational processes.
Management/Leadership Responsibility: Is management of people a primary focus of the role? If so, how many direct and indirect employees are managed? Do any of them manage a function or process?
- Builds and creates an environment where motivating people and coaching staff is a natural and integral part of the management process, resulting in a culture where continued learning and development is encouraged.
- Serves as knowledge expert for trends and technology that affect the business .
- Maintains quality standards & writes and delivers individual performance evaluations.
- Implements & monitors financial metrics, individual & process metrics, client service metrics, and compliance metrics.
- Identifies high potential individuals and actively coaches and mentors to prepare them for future assignments and ever-increasing responsibility and accountability.
- Aligns resources to sufficiently support mission-critical initiatives.
Are analytical skills needed?
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills needed in order to identify, diagnose and partner with others across the organization to solve problems of varying complexity and scope.
- Must be able to collaborate and problem solve across multiple cross-functional teams as well as onshore and offshore teams.
Functional Knowledge: What knowledge of concepts, process, principles or procedures is needed within discipline; SME?
- Incumbent should be a demonstrated leader with strong technical, analytical, communication, negotiation, problem solving and consultative skills.
- Must have a solid understanding of business operations process re-engineering and Six Sigma/LEAN practices and related tools.
- Must understand business processes to act as a SME or coach direct reports to do so in order to deliver on project/initiative objectives.
Business or Industry Expertise: Describe the degree of knowledge and understanding required of organization's business and industry, commercial environment and of competitors products and services.
- Understanding of products and services offered by Organization.
- Knowledge of competitor processes is a plus. Leverage knowledge of business and organization structure, values/culture, and products/services to ensure programs/processes are well planned and coordinated across multiple disciplines and functions, and are aligned with the business strategy.
- Understands challenges in the functions of responsibility and remains up to date on the regulatory environment within the financial services industry.
Interactions / Interpersonal Skills: Describe the nature and level of interactions this job has with others, both internally and externally. Explain any specific interpersonal skills necessary to successfully perform this role (i.e., negotiation skills, represents business at external events or to governmental bodies, etc. ).
- Applies well-developed interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships. Interacts regularly with senior leadership and peers across multiple functions, which at times may require negotiating with a fair amount of discretion.
- Topics will often be sensitive and/or complex in nature and will require high degree of tact and diplomacy. Fosters and role models an environment that thrives on collaboration and knowledge sharing. Applies strategies to break down communication barriers across the organization.
THIS ROLE INVOLVES WORKING IN NIGHT SHIFTS.