Associate Director - IT Management - Healthcare/Pharma (12-20 yrs)
Description - Associate Director - IT Management.
Manage and direct all aspects of Information Technology (IT) service delivery
- Manage staff in accordance with organization's policies and applicable legislation. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters, including salary administration.
- Independently handle personnel issues, conflict management, define goals that increase knowledge and skills of staff, and define staff expectations, without involvement of senior managers.
- May contribute to discussions on implementation of IT strategy on a regional basis and implement objectives as appropriate. Ensure staffs have a consistent understanding and positive impression of business strategy for regional and global objectives.
- Provide technical leadership and management of IT projects from conception through deployment. Establish project budgets, resource plans, milestones, tracking metrics, and success measures
- Provide IT infrastructure support, including local area network, wide area network, PBX, voice communications, servers, desktop systems, end-user assistance (help desk), and related technologies
- Ensure adherence to IT standards and procedures. Ensure all work meets computer systems validation requirements, and that any issues identified in QA or customer audits are properly addressed
- Develop and test the IT disaster recovery plan in conjunction with the site's business continuity plan. Provide consulting assistance to site management in the development of the business continuity plan
- Ensure all IT activities conform to IT security standards and that all data and systems are properly protected.
- Ensure proactive monitoring exists to detect intrusions, violations, or other unauthorized attempts to access or manipulate data or systems, whilst maintaining customer confidentiality at all times
- Develop backup/restoration/archiving plan. Prepare capital and operating budgets; monitor and track expenses.
- Negotiate service, support, lease, and consulting agreements
- Provide tools and technologies to facilitate ad-hoc end-user access to data. Identify new technologies and methods to provide end-users broader capability to meet their own information needs without compromising the integrity of the over IT infrastructure. Provide training and assistance to end-users in the use of such tools or technologies
- Perform other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong staff management skills and the ability to effectively manage teams
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science preferred; or equivalent combination of education and training
- Around 12 or more years of experience in IT industry in respective field of work
- Must experience with Enterprise Data warehousing
- Must have experience Data acquisition, Data integration and Data Architecture
- Health care domain will be plus
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.