Chief Research Officer at Crossover Catalyst
Views:586 Applications:133 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:40
Associate Director - Financial Inclusion - Centre For Social & Behavior Change (13-14 yrs)
Job Title: Associate Director, Financial inclusion
Reports to: Centre Director, Centre for Social and Behaviour Change
Overview of CSBC :
Ashoka University's (India's leading liberal arts University set up through a pioneering democratic philanthropic model) Centre for Social and Behaviour Change (CSBC) was set up by a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). The vision of CSBC is to establish an institution, based out of India that is globally reputed for thought leadership and excellence in impactful behaviour change interventions for low-income and marginalized populations. The Centre is focused on bringing new capabilities such as behavioural science, design thinking, advanced data analytics and responsive feedback to governments, practitioners and donors to help better design and optimize behaviour change interventions. We work closely with Central and State Governments as well as other stakeholders in the areas of nutrition, sanitation, financial inclusion, maternal & newborn care, agriculture, and internet privacy.
Overview of the role :
This is a leadership role responsible for the end to end management of the financial inclusion portfolio of the Centre. It involves developing the overarching FI strategy (including strategy for stakeholder engagement) and impactful behavior change programs to reach unbanked and underbanked populations. The role entails solving complex and interesting challenges to achieve the objective of bringing these marginalized populations under the fold of the formal banking system. There are strong elements of demand generation strategy and communication strategy with a focus on feasibility for implementation for scale up.
Roles & responsibilities :
Program Management :
- Lead the FI portfolio by providing technical guidance, oversight over implementation, regular liaison with stakeholders, monitoring progress on project deliverables & timelines.
- Work closely with other project partners (data analytics, communication agencies, research agencies etc.) to ensure quality project deliverables.
- Regular liaison with Govt. and donor
Behavior Change Programs :
- Conceptualize, plan and execute impactful behavior change strategies to achieve program objectives
- Use various diagnostic tools (like qualitative research, quantitative studies, literature reviews etc.) to define the programmatic approach
- Develop communication material (mass media, mid media, and IPC) to create awareness about Govt. FI schemes amongst rural populations
Eligibility& Skill sets required :
- 13 to 14 years of work experience in a senior role in marketing strategy or management consulting
- Previous experience in financial services strongly preferred
- BoP / rural marketing experience is an added advantage
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work within tight timelines
- Strong project management skills: scoping project, developing a workplan, leading teams to deliver,
- Managing quality of deliverables, ensuring client alignment and budgeting.
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience with interpreting primary and secondary research results, including extracting insights from multiple pieces of research
- Understanding of media planning/media channels including digital
- Educational background: MBA from a premier institute
Venue of work: Vasant Vihar, South Delhi
Nature of employment:
This is a full-time role based out of Vasant Vihar in New Delhi as there will be extensive collaboration with the Government of India; especially NITI Aayog, Ministry of Finance, India Post Payments Bank.
Travel: 15 to 20% or as and when required.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.