Director at iWorks Solutions
Views:2815 Applications:293 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:123
Associate Director - Capital Markets & Asset Allocation - Investment Management (9-16 yrs)
- Asset Allocation: You should be able to build robust asset allocations using guidelines without supervision to deliver superior risk adjusted returns. Understanding of Capital Market Assumptions (CMAs) and asset class views, their derivation, and impact on asset allocations results. Ability to calculate CMAs for given set of asset classes.
- Capital Markets & Asset class research: Use internal and external research sources to analyse the fundamental drivers, composition, structural change, ownership, sentiment, fair value/fair return, expected returns and risks of a single asset class and present this research to the broader investment team. Formulate a coherent and robust asset class view.
- Portfolio Construction: Create robust portfolios under supervision, that meet all relevant objectives and constraints set out in the Investment Policy Statement to deliver superior risk adjusted returns. Portfolios to reflect the best thinking of the investment management group and aligns to investment principles.
- Performance & Risk analysis: You understand the theory and practice of performance analysis. Can undertake performance and risk analysis using existing tools and assist with the accurate interpretation of the results and implications of this analysis. Can support the communication of results to colleagues and committee members.
- Investment Decision Making: Forms clear and executable decisions both independently and as part of a group. Understands the consequences of each decision.
- Consistently incorporates Investment Principles and research in decision making process.
- Is able to exercise independent judgement and rigorously assesses investment risks, opportunities and uncertainty when making an investment decision.
- Leadership: Supports a team leader by informally mentoring other team members.
- Implements goals and encourages others to do so. Consistently acts to support better outcomes for clients, career development for fellow team members and superior results for Supports team leader delivering elements of the Investment Management business plan.
- Communicating investment views: Draft coherent investment views and concepts in written form for internal and external distribution. Can support the creation of engaging presentations and articles. Supports others in communication including contributing research to external communication projects.
- Assist in conducting research & selecting mutual funds and ETFs across different asset classes including domestic & international equity, fixed income, etc.
- Prepare & deliver presentations at various advisor events / forums / conferences covering investment principles, processes, managed portfolio proposition, etc.
- Work closely with the managed portfolios sales team to provide product training, interact with prospect advisors / clients and support the growth of the business.
- You would have a post graduate qualification in Finance like MBA/ CFA / CA / FRM
- Detailed knowledge of key capital markets, investment strategies and some alternative investments. A detailed understanding of traditional finance, economics, economic history, behavioural finance, investing and capital market theories including asset valuation and risk.
- Can operate and maintain a variety of investment tools covering a range of investment disciplines. Has a detailed understanding of the theory behind the tools, their construction and potential weaknesses.
- Excellent understanding of the Indian mutual fund industry
- Comfortable working in a high performance team environment and the ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Impeccable character with high ethical and quality standards
- 12 to 15 years of hands-on investment management / advisory experience
- Comfortable working in a quantitative environment
- Excellent written and presentation skills