Managing Director at Corporate Search & Placements Pvt. Ltd.
Views:2155 Applications:88 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:88
Assistant Vice President - Legal - NBFC (8-12 yrs)
We have been retained by our client, a well-established, professionally managed NBFC (Non-Banking Finance Company), part of a Multi-National Bank, to identify a Assistant Vice President- Legal to be based at Mumbai.
JOB PURPOSE :
To develop an effective legal function across businesses of the company through relationship management and effective business partnering.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Drafting and review of loan, security and related transaction documents.
- Undertake research and study of legal problems arising in connection with the financing transaction, advice on the financing and regulatory implications of the transaction.
- Filing of RoC, CERSAI & other regulatory documents.
- Provide the legal framework for financing operations (drafting, advisory support, conclusion of contracts and completion of all related legal formalities) and monitor them from a legal viewpoint.
- Prepare & coordinate (with Legal Counsel & clients) for legal documentation relating to Retail & Corporate loans/NCDs / CPs, etc.
- Develop an effective legal function across & support the Legal & Compliance Department to identify and manage legal risk.
- Participate in the development of processes, policies and procedures designed to reduce legal risk and/or increase the efficiency of the team. Proactively advise on and help to manage important changes in law and regulation.
- Co-coordinate with the internal/client teams (RMs/ Operations/ Legal) & External Legal Counsels, Title Search Advocates, Company Secretaries for documentation and post-documentation follow ups.
- Monitor trends in the regulatory and statutory environment for their impact on an organisation and suggest an action plan for addressing them.
- Ensure that external legal engagements are coordinated and effective and provide support for panel arrangements when required.
- Checking pre-disbursement checklists and contents such as accuracy of board resolutions, various compliance certificates etc.
- Standardize and develop credit documentation.
- Liaising with government departments and regulatory authorities for obtaining necessary sanctions and ensuring compliance with statutory obligations and ensure timely and effective legal solution to all issues faced by the organization.
DESIRED SKILLS :
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Good judgment enabling the provision of sound advice in difficult areas of law, regulation and practice and the proactive management of legal risk.
- Personal authority and integrity with proven ability to establish relationships and exert influence.
- Sound judgment on business practices, and reputational risk.
- Independence, robustness ethics and resilience.
- Excellent financial & analytical skills.
- Having strong conviction and positive attitude.
CANDIDATE PROFILE :
- Candidates should have a degree in Law, with 8 - 12 years of experience in the legal team of a NBFC / Bank / Law Firm.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.