Senior Human Resources Specialist at ACS Consultants
Views:166 Applications:34 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Assistant Vice President - Legal Entity Controller (7-10 yrs)
Job Title: Assistant VP - Diversity
- Ownership of accounting and month end process for own specialty technical area (which will consist of multiple SBUs) of focus from an FC perspective (i.e. ensure initial review of month end reports is of sufficient quality to ensure minimal subsequent review points)
- Stakeholder relationship management (e.g. onshore financial control, RBB Financial Operations, Finance Business Partner teams etc.)
- SOX compliance and Management Self-Assessment Testing
- Maintain Issues logs
- Standard Journal and Allocation Review
- Understand underlying control frameworks which support the multiple SBUs within range of responsibilities
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for on-shore Financial Control Team
- Driver of continuous improvement of the control environment within Personal and corporate bank Financial Control in general and specifically the multiple SBUs within own area.
What will you be doing ?
Financial Reporting & Accounting Operations (35%)
- Provide expert reference for customers for areas of focus; providing expert help and guidance on a wide range of complex and difficult subjects. By application of their professional knowledge and experience, understand the potential impact of decisions on other areas and interpret requirements.
- As a centre of excellence by providing in-depth, specialist knowledge and handling difficult issues that have been escalated.
- Investigates and resolves the more complex problems, issues and queries, liaising with customers, suppliers and other experts, as appropriate.
Business Performance Management (10%)
- Assist line manager in providing an informed view of allocated multiple SBUs, i.e. explaining how individual business area trends are consolidated.
- Provide accurate and timely financial analysis on a wide range of complex technical/business issues in connection with jobholders area of responsibility, e.g. variances, trends, impact of change initiatives, impact of new accounting regulations and how to account for new areas/ types of business.
Financial Control (35%)
- Provide subject matter expertise to key stakeholders (onshore financial control teams, financial business partners, Finance Operations).
- Keeps up to date with subject matter knowledge and best practice in this area
- Reviews/analyses implications of Finance projects for own area of expertise. Recommends change and raises change requests, as necessary.
- Investigates internal accounting and external reporting implications of new and amended accounts for own area of expertise.
- Has an on-going program to develop and implement new processes to enable the business to adopt best practice.
- Ensures the integrity of the numbers to enable the attestation process.
Business Education (10%)
- Provides highly specialist knowledge and support and guidance on all financial processes and procedures to business areas.
- Investigates and resolves problems, issues and queries liaising, with customers, suppliers and other experts, as appropriate.
- Liaises with peer group to ensure consistency of approach.
Team Building (10%)
- Take responsibility for personal performance development, training and career development plans and ensure they are relevant and progressed
What were looking for:
- Demonstrable thorough and up to date understanding of financial accountancy (including IFRS gained within a financial services environment)
Accounting qualification CPA, ACA or ACCA
- The jobholder must have substantial directly relevant experience in a technical financial environment.
Financial Accounting experience of financial management
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Understanding of the financial services market and the latest thinking and developments in finance gained within a financial services environment.
- Project implementation experience
Where will you be working?