Delivery Partner at Fynehand
Views:141 Applications:40 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Assistant Vice President - Legal - Accounting Firm (8-12 yrs)
Job Role : AVP - Legal
Detailed job description :
1) Independently drafting, reviewing, negotiating and closing all transaction documents for debt transactions / quasi - debt / structured financing. Documents may include debenture trust deed, security documents, pledge agreement, mortgage deed, equity subscription agreement, Put Option Agreement, comfort letter, pari passu arrangement document, statutory compliances, internal compliance requirements / documents, regulatory filings. Closely monitoring, taking ownership for closure of deal documents and condition precedents for investments.
2) Closely liasoning with external law firms and internal business teams to ensure smooth co - ordination and closure of transactions.
3) Independently advising the business teams on transaction structuring and specific legal queries pertaining to potential deals being evaluated by them on a regular basis.
4) Reviewing term sheets to mitigate any risk from legal standpoint. Understanding the commercial nuances of a deal and suggesting best viable transaction structure at all times ensuring from legal side company is protected with strong covenants.
5) General legal advisory including reviewing, negotiating and closing NDA's, general legal queries from time to time.
6) Monitoring legal cases, maintaining and updating MIS of legal cases and liasoning with external law firms for the same. Attending conferences and hearings, preparing briefing notes and updating compliance teams on regular basis.
7) Regularly conducting research on laws and judgements and updating management on such legal updates affecting the business / company by preparing presentations and research summaries / analysis.
Experience : 8 - 12 years
1) Extensive knowledge of Companies Act (rules and regulations), SEBI rules and regulations including regulations pertaining to issuance of non - convertible securities, LODR, debenture trustee regulations, RBI regulations, circulars, FEMA (Debt and Non - Debt Instruments rules & regulations), Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, SARFAESI. Knowledge of Civil Procedure Code and other laws pertaining to recovery, is added advantage.
2) Experience in concluding transactions involving issuance of NCDs, CCDs, warrants (listed and unlisted).
3) Experience in managing litigation matters.
4) Adept at conducting quick research pertaining to specific legal queries.
5) Ability to work and manage multiple tasks / assignments in a fast-paced environment.
6) Ability to develop strong inter - personal relationships within the system and with external stakeholders / consultants and good team management skills.