Consultant at Nacre HR Outsourcing
Views:698 Applications:93 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:92
Assistant Vice President/Lead - Risk & Compliance - BFSI - CA (9-18 yrs)
Inviting applications for the role of AVP, Risk & Compliance lead
AVP, Risk & Compliance lead
Function: Ops Compliance
location : Gurgaon, India
This role would be responsible for the implementation of the enterprise-wide risk governance framework which includes risk culture, risk appetite, risk assessment, monitoring of risk treatment & reporting requirements. Also responsible for the implementation of various aspects of the risk function, including implementation of processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks.
- Effectively maintain the risk management framework at an enterprise level ensuring accurate internal and external data to identify and assess risk.
- Oversee the processes to identify and evaluate business areas' risks and risk and control self-assessments.
- Assess risks across all business units and all functional units including but limited to strategic, financial risks, people, customer and regulatory.
- Ensure all risks have been appropriately documented to drive effective risk management and approval processes for high risk decisions.
- Facilitate the Identification of emerging risks and risks in fraud prone areas
- Understand potential risk exposures under a variety of adverse circumstances, particularly in relation to high risk areas and accordingly bring to the notice of right stakeholders
- Aim to keep the risk management and internal control infrastructure in accordance with changes to the businesses risk profile, to the external risk landscape and in industry practice.
- Support and challenge the business in respect of risk assessment, by observing and contributing to key decision-making processes.
- Ensure that adequate escalation and approval procedures are in place.
- Manage the corporate risk and compliance reporting process as well as maintain infrastructure elements (e.g. Audit Committee reporting and Management reporting)
- Manage the ongoing monitoring of the risk-taking activities and risk exposures to ensure they are in line with the risk appetite.
- Oversee the life cycle of contract management ensuring a complete and effective repository of Client contracts and ensure contractual obligations are well known to the contract owner
- Drive self-assessments through the tool ensuring compliance to contractual ask
- Risk Culture: Assess and develop the organisations ability to manage risk in line with risk appetite by:
a) Driving risk behavior
b) Enhancing risk culture in org
c) Building awareness on risk management concepts
- Bachelor's/Master's degree required
Additional Certification (Optional):
- CA / Other Risk Management degree
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Tertiary qualifications in law, commerce or other relevant business disciplines
- Compliance experience in outsourced business is preferable.
- Demonstrated background in influencing key internal decision-makers to achieve desired outcomes