Recruiter at Black Turtle
Views:4402 Applications:71 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
Assistant Vice President - Data Scientist - BFS (10-12 yrs)
Purpose of Department :
Provide analytical solutions across strategic markets.
Team is responsible for developing integrated marketing strategies and providing inferences to the business across strategic markets. Typical activities include analytical recommendation on product and proposition, customer segmentation & targeting, product offering and tracking and evaluation of marketing programs for asset portfolios. The work would primarily involve the use of customer data and application of statistical tools and techniques to achieve following
- Develop inferences and insights around customer behavior and profitable growth scenarios
- Design and develop marketing strategies across the customer lifecycle from acquisition to attrition management including customer contact management strategies.
- Monitor portfolio profitability & other key performance indicators in order to recommend strategies that align with business objectives for profitable growth.
- Asset and liability management and pricing
Job Description :
- Lead Vintage Financial Profitability Model development and implementation for Cards, loans, Mortgage products in Consumer Assets business across geographies
- Manage relationship with key stake holders like Global Pricing lead, country/ regional Risk, Finance, CVM to develop, review and validate model output
- Build strong partnerships with the local and regional teams to drive day to day projects and analytic efforts to identify better business value
- Ensure productivity and output of the self and team (as required) should fall in line with the stated SLAs. Monthly monitoring and review of all projects with stakeholders to ensure that all stated SLAs are met
- Review and validate inputs, outputs and methodology from local market and oversee own team members deliverable
- Coordinate inputs from country risk, finance and CVM teams
- Oversee Forecasting of applicable vintage drivers through the life of an account
- Oversee Documentation of forecast inputs and outputs for collaborative cross-functional review
- Oversee Monitoring of model results for deterioration and re-forecast as appropriate
- Oversee Manipulation, modification and validation of data from diverse and sometimes challenging sources to populate models
- Perform other projects or special assignments as required
- Identify process inefficiencies and develop solutions to streamline them
- Recruit, on-board, train, coach, manage, develop and grow talent in team
- Actively manage at least one COE wide Product/Propositions specialisms in a region (Unsecured lending, Liabilities, Advance, Premier, etc.)
- Lead analytical projects across countries globally across multiple products and functions
- Drive business benefits through self-initiated projects
- Help the business understand the underlying drivers of profitability and help shape the strategic vision for team in the short and long term.
- Develop hypotheses about customer behaviour and profitable growth scenarios and apply the right mix of qualitative and quantitative research techniques to identify causes and solutions
- Develop analytical models to assess the impact of changes to pricing, promotions, programs and products on marketing programs and on business profitability
- Benchmark, communicate and track program results against plan
- Structure concise reports with marketing insights supported by solid analytics and logical thinking. Lead presentations and make recommendations to senior management
- Present and publish white papers in the areas of both advanced analytics and product specialisation along with innovation Hong
- Driving global initiatives working closely with business teams across multiple markets and partnering with other analytics teams across multiple sites which require excellent communication skills as well as flexibility in conversing with various levels of Analysts globally on a regular basis.
Ensure adherence with all the applicable compliance policies (Data security policy, AML, operational risk, Functional manual, Group Compliance Manual, Audit recommendations, Internal Control requirements, regulatory guidelines etc.) and business standards of Organization as applicable. Take timely action on Audit comments and be able to demonstrate compliance with Internal controls
Skills/Experience Required :
- Previous 10 yrs years of relevant Analytics experience in product development, market research, business strategy and/or consulting. Knowledge of financial/ banking domain is preferred.
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in multiple stake holder management, working in complex organization structure of Risk, CRM, Finance, CVM and marketing functions
- Knowledge of forecasting, finance modelling techniques and machine learning algorithms is preferred.
- Experience building and applying world-class Model Governance, including Development Standards, Documentation Standards, Monitoring Standards, Modeling Procedures, Model Inventories and Model Governance
- Experience working and training analysts in a standardized modelling system (such as FICO Model Builder or Xeno)
- Ability to drive projects with ambiguous goals and come up with innovative solutions for complex business problems
- The ideal candidate combines strong business and analytical skills with project management and ability to influence others
- Prior experience in direct people management is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to develop and effectively communicate complex concepts and ideas in business terms to peers and management
- Excellent project management, exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills with knowledge of forecasting and finance modelling techniques and marketing research is preferred
- Experience in manipulating and transforming raw data into complex model inputs is preferred
- Proven good business acumen. Strong understanding of consumer finance business drivers and pro forma financial analysis is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in large cross functional teams and within ambiguous roles. Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in SAS, Programming languages and MS Office tools like Excel & PowerPoint is preferred. Exposure to open source tools like R, Java etc. is desirable
- Master's degree from top-tier University with concentration on marketing, finance, economics or other quantitative fields such as statistics or engineering is preferred.
- Proven ability to work creatively & analytically in an innovative environment
- Ability to quickly derive insight from large amounts of data from diverse sources
Demonstrate high energy levels, flexibility, enthusiasm and willingness to learn