Assistant Vice President - Compliance - Asset Management Firm (10-12 yrs)
Our client is an Asset Management Company, managing a portfolio of over INR 4000 crores across multiple investment schemes. They are seeking a mid-management professional for an AVP role, who would be reporting into Head of Compliance.
Location: Goregaon, Mumbai
- An ideal candidate will have a total of 10-12 years of work experience with a minimum of 4-5 years of experience in a core secretarial role in compliances, drafting and regulatory management.
- The candidate will preferably have worked in a Mutual Fund industry or in BFSI and have an understanding of SEBI regulations around MF governance.
- Besides, the candidate should have rich experience in preparation of notices, agendas and minutes with respect to all board meetings including the annual general meeting; Filing of returns, applications, documents, notices etc. with the Registrar of Companies.
- Candidate should also be an expert in managing compliances as per various acts and regulations.
You will be responsible for:
- Compliance with all statutory and legal compliance applicable to Indian company involving foreign shareholders
- Preparation of all statutory registers, forms, certificates etc. as required under various Acts and regulations
- Preparation and filing of annual returns, forms certificates etc.
- Preparation of documentation and appropriate filing in respect of any changes to directors, registered office of the company etc.
- Providing general advice with regard to corporate secretarial practise;
- Good knowledge of Indian Companies Act 2013 and related legal regulations like SEBI, Environmental laws, Foreign Exchange Management Act
The Successful Applicant:
- Candidate should be a qualified company secretary enrolled with the Institute of Company Secretaries of India. Should preferably have an LLB.
- It is essential that the candidate is able to demonstrate a minimum of 4 to 5 years of relevant and recent experience (preferably with Mutual Fund industry).
- In addition, it is highly desirable that the successful candidate is adept at working with various stakeholders including Board level executives.