Headhunter at ABC Consultants
Views:77809 Applications:828 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:168
Assistant Vice President - Analytics - Wholesale Credit & Market Risk Group (10-14 yrs)
Description of Role
- The Wholesale Credit and Market Risk (WCMR) department within Group Risk measures and monitors globally credit and market risks arising from trading activity as well as credit approval for large corporate, financial institution and sovereign exposures.
- The Regulatory and Risk Analytics team within WCMR oversees the policy, models, methodology, regulatory reporting and systems for counterparty risk arising from trading activity. It also acts as a central consolidation point for key risk data and analysis such as stress tests results.
- The Basel II/III regulatory framework introduces significant regulatory requirements on counterparty risk models. Further rule changes proposed by the Basel Committee are now under consultation and will need to be implemented over the next few years. Model development, approval, implementation and maintenance are essential for minimizing RWA and credit usage. However, the regulatory requirements significantly add to the effort required.
Purpose- With the ever increasing demands seen from regulators on model methodology and to ensure adherence to best practices it is necessary to have clearly articulated model development guidelines and standards and ensure adherence to the same. This role is responsible for supporting the wholesale credit risk model development projects for Global and Regional models.
- Drive the model methodology, development, implementation and governance projects globally and coordinate with regions as well.
- Functionally drive the development methodologies and design the framework ensuring conceptual soundness
- Engage with credit and businesses to manage model risk.
- Attention to time schedule and resource planning, participate to panel meetings and discussion with business experts, write good quality and comprehensive documentation.
- The job-holder's responsibilities cover the model development of all types of Basel models included in the Wholesale Credit Risk function
At least Masters in any of the following fields:
- Engineering (or B-tech with relevance experience)
- MS / MBA in Finance
- Around 10 years of professional experience in financial services
- Prior experience in model development and validation in wholesale credit risk domain
- Understanding of regulatory implications and relevance
- Prior experience to small and large corporate credit risk Basel models would be beneficial
- Management of project teams, both direct and matrix