Assistant/Manager/Senior Manager - Strategic Forecasting - Pharma (3-10 yrs)
With a startup spirit and 90,000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world's biggest brands- and we have fun doing it. Now, we- re calling rule-breakers who see the world differently, and are results-oriented enough to achieve it. Come, transform with us.
Are you the one we are looking for?
We are inviting applications for the role of Assistant Manager - Strategic Forecasting! This role is for a seasoned Pharma forecaster who will develop product-specific short-term and long-term forecasts models and maintain up-to-date forecast models, reflecting current data, information, assumptions. In addition, the individual will have responsibility to develop forecasts for focused therapeutic areas using patient based forecast models, and ensure alignment on forecast assumptions and other critical analytical assessments with client business partners including Marketing, Sales, Market Access and Pricing, Market Research, Global Marketing and Insight, Finance, and Sales Operations.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Ensuring objectivity of brand/therapeutic area forecasts through establishing objectives aligned around forecast accuracy.
- Developing brand volume forecasts, both short-term and long-term, to feed into strategic and operational planning processes.
- Sensitivity analysis to assist in opportunity identification and risk management.
- Undertake strategic long-term brand and franchise forecasting and provide strategic perspective/guidance on portfolio and brand strategy, as well as new product introduction volume forecasting and guidance.
- Develop a deep understanding of customers' data and analytical needs focusing on the customer-facing model leadership.
- Solve brand-level analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- Review sales performance, insights data, key initiatives, and new launches with brand and customer teams to ensure robust plans are in place and being executed.
- Develop and maintain key collaborative relationships with internal cross functional and external partners to initiate and obtain relevant data and analysis for forecast inputs.
- Confidently present and defend forecast approach, methodology, assumptions, and output at the executive level.
- Recommend and lead initiatives dedicated to the advancement and implementation of new forecast approaches and methodology.
- Provide increased focus on analytics and emphasize on providing valuable insights to drive improvement opportunities.
- Monitor the external environment to stay up to date on leading analytic capabilities, both within and outside of pharma, which can be applied within the organization.
- Experience in working with large datasets, derive insights and present information through visualization and reports.
Candidate Skills and Experience
- 3 yrs - 10 years of pharmaceutical forecasting experience and analytical experience
- Experience in strategic forecasting and new product launch is required.
- Experience in standard datasets in the Pharmaceutical Industry e.g. IQVIA (MIDAS, DDD NPA, Xponent, etc), claims data (Truven, Marketscan), Epidemiological data etc
- Good understanding of primary market research, advanced analytics, and competitive intelligence.
- Strong technical experience in Time series modelling;
- Experience in Python/R/SAS good to have
- Strong technical experience in MS Office - Must be an advanced user of PPT and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ownership of tasks assigned without supervisory follow-up
- Pro-active and enthusiastic to take on new challenges
- Personal drive and positive work ethic to deliver results within tight deadlines and in demanding situations
- Proactive planner and can work independently to manage own responsibilities
- Break traditional patterns of thought by generating and recognizing imaginative, workable solutions to business situations and problems.
- Capability in applying deeper technical skills and knowledge that is shared across the functional area (e.g., deep knowledge of key data sets, modeling capabilities, etc.).
- M Pharma (or B.pharm + 2yrs relevant work experience), Masters in Business Administration or
- Master's (or Bachelor's +2yrs relevant work experience) in engineering or
- Master's degree in Statistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Business Analytics, or any other Quantitative discipline