AVP People Practice at Medi Assist
Views:165 Applications:35 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Assistant Manager - Litigation - Insurance Firm (3-5 yrs)
Job Description :
- Handling litigations, drafting legal notices, replying to legal notices issued on behalf of claimants, clients, vendors etc.
- Reviewing complaints filed under Consumer Protection Act and advising on legal strategy to be adopted for effective defense of the matter.
- Coordinate with external advocates, insurance companies and various branch offices of the company and ensure representation is made on behalf of the company before the concerned consumer disputes forum on schedules dates of hearing.
- Maintain accurate MIS of all litigation matters and ensure it is up to date at all times.
- Traveling (if required) to appear before the concerned consumer forums, judicial, quasi-judicial authorities, law enforcement agencies etc.
Candidate Requirements :
- 3 - 4 years post qualification experience in litigation matters as an advocate or in house legal counsel with a special expertise and proven experience to handle disputes under Consumer Protection Act.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Hands on experience in drafting notices, plaints, written statements, case summaries, written brief on consumer cases etc.
- Candidates from insurance company background will be preferred.