Senior Talent Acquisition Leader at Acctpro Advisory Services
Views:1069 Applications:265 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:112
Assistant Manager - Financial Reporting - US GAAP - CA/CPA (6-14 yrs)
Assistant Manager - Financial Reporting - US GAAP
- Under the direction of a Manager, the Associate Manager works on client deliverable in a timely fashion, with the expected quality in accordance with company policies and procedures. Assistant Manager works closely with the team to deliver the collective output to the client on a timely manner.
- He/She also coaches the junior/senior staff to improve their skills, quality and competencies. Responsible for review of Financial Statements and preparation of some of the complex financials. Team's task planning, reviews, best practices, client onboarding, etc.
NOTE : This is a leadership role. The candidates should have experience and exposure to if not all, most of the areas mentioned in responsibilities and expectation section below.
Core Responsibilities :
- Primary focus of this role is review of others work and analysis
- In the process of learning to review and finalize work prepared by other associates
- Look for errors in completeness and accuracy as well as training opportunities for the preparation team to be more effective in the future
- Provide feedback and clear instruction of what the errors were and how they can be fixed. Document feedback in the review notes tool
- Wrap up the project and ensure all files, supporting documents, and sign-offs are complete as appropriate
- Communicate items of interest and conclusion of analysis on reported numbers
- Offer best practices in classification and supporting documentation
- Provide ongoing attention to the sufficiency of transactional documentation
- Able to service complex projects with minimal instruction or guidance
- Calculate and prepare metrics such as key performance indicators (KPI's) and dashboards for client use
- Directly downward manage the team and upward manage the job manager via recurring check-in meetings and discussion
Additional Responsibilities :
- Collaborate with the team to address their needs in timely manner
- Learn Wipfli Way to enhance the team collaboration and collectively work towards common objectives.
- Work with the performance coach to develop the skills required to go up in the value chain
- Train the staff on multiple core skills, processes, tools, etc.
- Participate in operational support activities related to the practice/team
- Appraisals and goal setting of assigned associates
- Assist in issue resolutions, improve collaboration among the teams, etc.
Role expectations :
- Work on the assigned client or organizational audit/accounting work to produce the expected result in timely manner.
- Have regular interactions with the clients, seniors and other office counter parts to collaborate on multiple tasks.
- Communicate work plan status and issues for both client and Senior Specialists.
- Coach and guide the assigned Seniors on advanced accounting practices & methodologies, financial statement preparation, complex areas
- Meet the communication and documentation standards to produce the expected and related work
- Participate in improving the processes, practices, tools & systems.
- Participate in advisory initiatives.
- Collaborate with other team members to assist them with the deliverables or dependencies.
- Preparation & review of complex financial statements/audit areas, related communication, etc.
- Pro-active engagement with the clients and managers on growth, expansion and advisory areas.
- Participate in staffing planning, practice related activities, hiring, etc.
- Team management: Task allocation, tracking, reviews, coaching, issue resolution, etc.
- Close check on team dynamics, disciplines and focus
- Associate engagement on issue resolutions, applying Mindset tools, proactive coaching, mentoring, etc.
- Involvement in firm leadership initiatives, problem solving, solutioning, etc.
- Skill development and leadership development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required :
- Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant certification
- Past experience of financial statement reviews, preparation of complex statements, etc.
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor certification is a plus but not required at the time of interview and hire (will be required to be obtained after starting)
- At least 6 years of job-related experience in the public accounting field with an emphasis on U.S. GAAP accounting specifically related to small to mid-size businesses or at least 6 years of job-related experience as a controller for a small to mid-size U.S. company
- Recent QBO or Intacct or similar accounting package experience
- Should have a good familiarity with software tools and systems
- Prior supervisory and training experience, prior accounting software experience, prior business management experience
- Accurate and effective writing and verbal communication to convey information to firm associates, including boiling technical matters and jargon into plain English
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively
- Ability to work independently under tight time schedules
- Ability to analyze data and recommend solutions
- Ability to identify, address and resolve client concerns
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality, personal objectivity and professional skepticism
- Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to be flexible with scheduling to meet workflow demands
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Adobe, PPT, Outlook and one or more accounting packages such as QBO, Intacct, etc.
- Preferably having industry experience in Construction & Real Estate, Manufacturing and Non-profits - Nice to have
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.