Assistant Manager - Contract Management - BFS (7-8 yrs)
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review, draft and negotiate various kinds of contractual documents such as Engagement Contracts, Requests for Proposals, Master Services Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements etc.
- Work with Partner- NQ&RM in implementing the Firm's risk management policies relating to engagement contracts in a manner that fulfills the mission and strategic goals of National Quality and Risk Management.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Firm's policies relating to contract reviews and provide responses to clients based on such understanding
- Hold conference calls with the client's legal team in applicable cases to articulate the Firm's perspective on contracts and finalise the contracts.
- Gain a broad understanding of the firm's independence and compliance policies.
- Development of standard templates for various types of contracts, review of changes to standard engagement letter templates
- Keep abreast of changes in laws, global contractual standard terms and update the India terms based on such changes.
- Brief the firm's legal advisors / internal legal counsel and obtain legal opinion on contractual matters as may be required.
- Conduct risk management training programs.
- Assist in having an efficient data management system for the Contracts Unit.
- Keeping the relevant contracts unit documentation such as the Process Manual updated.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and analytical skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to supervise and motivate the team members
- Deep understanding of the laws including in particular laws relevant for contract reviews such as the Contracts Act, Limitation Act and Arbitration Act.
- Hands on experience in reviewing different types of contracts.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-tasking.