Research Associate at Antal International
Views:889 Applications:124 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:36
Assistant General Manager - Legal - Manufacturing Firm - LLB/LLM (11-15 yrs)
Assistant General Manager - Legal
Key Responsibilities :
- Exposure to Mergers & Acquisition and Joint Venture projects and integration activities.
- Ensuring Company's interest are fully protected in all contracts entered into. Execution of Legal Contracts & Agreements of all types and nature viz. dealer, vendor, job work supply purchase contracts, rental, sale deeds, NDAs, consultancy contracts, technology licensing, manpower related, etc.
- Managing the entire portfolio of legal cases, civil, consumer, criminal & labour. This would also include appointment of appropriate counsels and liaising for expeditious closure.
- Advice business on best legal practices, systems and policies related to contracts and oversee execution of the same.
- IPR management including managing Patents and Designs portfolio and coordination with Group Company on trademark licensing and protection.
- Ensure Legal Metrology Compliances
- Being part of the legal due diligence team whilst evaluating inorganic growth opportunities
- Executing documentation related to acquisition of new businesses including share purchase agreement, shareholders agreement, etc.
- Conducting sessions on various legal topics for the internal teams
- Oversee the preparation of the annual Legal budget for the organization and monitor adherence to the same
- Monitoring Legal Deposits and expenses incurred by the Organization
- Control on the expenses on the legal fees, etc. paid to the external counsels
- Preparing petitions, appeal, plaints, written statements, rejoinders, affidavits; counter affidavits an written arguments, etc. for submission / pleadings for various legal proceedings including trademark and copyright applications, notices, business letters, reply, etc.
- Initiate and establish proper recovery mechanism against the defaulter of the Company.
- Handling customer complaints and consumer legal notices and took initiative for amicable settlement of the same;
- Preparing internal MIS and trackers as well as reports for corporate governance purpose;
- Drafting and vetting of all documents pertaining to or related to contract sand business of the Company including MoU, NDAs, Bank Guarantees, Tender related documents, etc.
- Working and supporting the business team directly and advising senior management to negotiate with the legal terms and conditions of the contract;
- Assisting auditors by providing required clarifications and compliance of audit requirements as well implementation of audit observations;
- Conducting Legal Metrology audit and ensure compliances;
- Managing intellectual property rights including trade mark registration and management, brand enforcement actions/ infringement litigation, IPR disputes and IPR licensing;
- Introduce, manage and time to time upgrade the workflow for execution of legal contracts and online litigation management system through in-house IT team. Ensure complete digitization of legal records, contracts, for ease of reference in a secured platform;
- Spearheading the overall management of various kinds of litigation including misbrand, recovery, cheque dishonor, criminal, consumer and miscellaneous; monitoring progress of outstanding litigation through liaising with the external lawyers regularly, attending case hearings in various courts from time to time and efficient record management related to litigation files;
- Ensuring effective contract management through standardization of contracts in compliance with all statutory and legal requirements; efficient structuring, reviewing, negotiating and drafting of various contracts for partner business functions;
- Providing consultation and legal advisory services and ensuring effective management of legal risks for the business pertaining to its day-to-day business transactions and affairs;
- Preparing brief and obtaining consultative opinions from external resources on various legal and regulatory matters;
- Managing ERP Agreement master and tracking expiry of Agreements / Contracts.
Group Company :
- Supervising Legal affairs of 3 group companies
Minimum Qualifications :
- Experience in Manufacturing Companies
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.