Asian Paints - Assistant Manager - Legal Brand Protection (8-12 yrs)
ASSISTANT MANAGER - LEGAL (brand protection)
Job Title: Assistant Manager - Legal
Department: Legal Department
Reporting to: Senior Manager/ Chief Manager - Legal
Jobs Reporting Into: NA
Location/Unit: Head Office - Mumbai
Job Purpose: Provide commercially relevant, practical and pro-active Legal services to the Company
Business Responsibility Areas:
Key Performance Indicators:
1. Issuing Notices to the defaulters of the Company. Visiting and following up with defaulters for expediting the recovery for the Company.
2. Handling Litigation (Pan India) of the Company.
3. Filing Police Complaints for Counterfeiting of Company- s Products. Handling and pursuing criminal complaints before various courts.
4. Responding to various notices/ complaints received from Consumers/ dealers.
5. Handling and coordinating with various Advocates for Consumer litigation.
6. Advising and assisting all divisions and departments on various negotiations (pan India and outside India) towards various business initiatives/business transactions etc. in order to resolve contentious/disputed matters.
7. Liaison and coordination with the Attorneys and/or Counsels as and when required. Extending necessary support to Attorneys/ Counsels to enable them to complete / submit the pleadings within the allotted time frame.
8. Meeting concerned personnel from the Business divisions and attend to their drafting requirements. Extending necessary support to all the divisions / departments in terms of drafting. Vetting and reviewing of various legal documents.
1. Recovery (IBC, Commercial, Criminal)
2. Civil Litigation
3. Consumer Protection Act,
4. Counterfeiting- Complaints.
5. Research/ Advice
Scope of Work:
Role Requirements / Specifications:
Essential: Degree in Law from a recognized University
Desired: LLM in specific area
- Work experience with a recognised law firm
- Litigation profile with a well known law firm or
- With litigation / Recovery department of Bank/ NBFC