Manager - People & Culture at Arpan
Views:380 Applications:38 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Arpan - Senior Manager - Fund Raising (10-16 yrs)
Arpan is one of the very few organizations in India relentlessly working on the serious and highly prevalent issue of Child Sexual Abuse for over 16 years and has been doing some much-needed work in this space. Our vision is a World Free of Child Sexual Abuse - towards this, we work with the mission to empower individuals, families, communities, and society with prevention and intervention skills to reduce the occurrence of CSA and heal its psychological, social, sexual, and physical consequences. We do this through direct implementation of programs with children and adult caregivers, by scaling and replicating our work through strategic partnerships, and by leveraging technology. We also undertake public advocacy to create awareness about the cause and advocate with diverse government bodies/ key influencers/ enablers to influence policy. We have worked with over 2 million children and adults to-date. With a strong focus on RM&E of our programs, we are looking to scale our impact and grow significantly over the next 3-5 years.
More information about Arpan is available at www.arpan.org.in.
Key Objective of the Job - Raise funds for Arpan, manage donors and the team; align with Arpan's growth story and be a part of the movement to reduce the incidence of Child Sexual Abuse in India.
The key responsibilities of this role, among others, are:
- Execute the Fundraising strategy
- Support the end-to-end fundraising process - undertake research, identify new donors (national + international), meet potential donors, write proposals, undertake documentation
-Undertake donor management and reporting - coordinate with internal teams for data and insights, track and write donor reports, send regular updates to donors, facilitate field visits
- Effectively engage with donors, as needed - corporates, trusts/ foundations, grant-making organizations, family foundations, retail donors, and so on
- Manage some funder relationships independently + support the CEO/ Director in managing others
- Undertake research and be aware of trends in child protection and fundraising spaces (national + international)
- Working with the team, explore new/ innovative fundraising ideas
- Manage the fundraising team (currently consisting of 2 managerial level resources)
Job Challenge - Raising funds for a complex and unacknowledged issue such as Child Sexual Abuse
Specialized Job Competencies -
- Passion, determination, and belief in the organization's vision and mission
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to explain Arpan's story in a concise manner across a diverse stakeholder set
- Strong people-management skills - team, internal stakeholders, external stakeholders
- Experience in planning and an eye for detail
- Strong numeric skills and project management skills (MS excel should be your friend)
Educational Qualification - MBA/ PGDBM/ MS (graduates with relevant experience are also encouraged to apply)
Desired work Experience-
- Experience in fundraising in the development sector is ideal
- Business development/ sales experience in management consulting/ industry will be valued
Other desired attributes - Excellent written and spoken communication in English; ability to work in a small team; good interpersonal skills; ability to handle high-pressure situations and uncertainty; drive to carry on despite possible setbacks
Salary - INR 15 lakh+ (depending on qualifications, years of experience, alignment with the role, organizational fit) + travel allowance + therapeutic allowance
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.