HR at Argus India Price Reporting Services
Views:593 Applications:91 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:81
Argus Media Group - Lead Aromatics Consultant (5-10 yrs)
Lead Aromatics Consultant, Asia
About Argus :
Argus is the leading independent provider of market intelligence to the global energy and commodity markets. We offer essential price assessments, news, analytics, consulting services, data science tools and industry conferences to illuminate complex and opaque commodity markets.
Headquartered in London with 1,300 staff, Argus is an independent media organization with 29 offices in the world's principal commodity trading hubs. Companies, trading firms and governments in 160 countries around the world trust Argus data to make decisions, analyze situations, manage risk, facilitate trading and long-term planning.
Argus prices are used as trusted benchmarks around the world for pricing transportation, commodities and energy. Founded in 1970, Argus remains a privately held UK-registered company owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor.
What will you be doing?
Argus is seeking a lead aromatics consultant to provide subject matter expertise for our chemical subscription services including market reports, price forecasts/monthly outlooks and biannually released fundamentals analytics with forecasts (capacities, supply, demand and trade flows). The consultant will support the vice president-aromatics and work closely with other consultants and analysts across the sector in various regional offices to deliver high-quality products, engage with clients and develop product innovation and industry insights.
Key Responsibilities :
- Ensure complete and deep understanding of the aromatics and related markets east of Suez, particularly refinery feedstocks and their alternative values, paraxylene and the polyester chain, and support for benzene and its primary derivatives (styrene, phenol, etc.).
- Establish himself/herself as a thought leader in the industry underpinned by consistent marketing and business development output including industry presentations and client meetings.
- Cultivate deep understanding of the aromatics and related markets east of Suez. Develop strong industry and client relationships. Share key, actionable business insights from industry meetings with the sector in a timely fashion.
- Verify data integrity, global data flow, and contribute to aromatics fundamentals analytics and monthly price outlooks.
- Continuously look for ways to improve the product deliverable and make the process and coordination more efficient.
- Support sector's annual AAV growth targets through prioritizing client needs with product development and innovation.
- Work closely with Data, Data Science and Technology teams, as required, to improve efficiency and speed of deliverables and support the Chemical Analytics vision for the development of dashboards and scenario analysis tools.
Education and Experience :
- 7-10 years of chemicals market analysis of pricing, market conditions & trends, capacity and supply & demand.
- Education: Technical and/or economics degree - Chemical Engineering or Chemistry preferred. MBA a plus.
- High level of understanding of petrochemicals, oil and gas, specifically aromatics and paraxylene-polyester value chain.
- Highly accomplished collecting, monitoring, analyzing and communicating market data.
- Experienced conducting regional and/or global market analyses that identify and interpret economic drivers, supply/demand fundamentals, trade flows and capacity data.
- Comfortable with preparing and delivering presentations to industry professionals.
- Highly skilled Communicator - effective interfacing, networking and building relationships at all levels and functions both internally and with industry decision makers, e.g. Producers, Consumers, Traders, Marketers, Shippers, Logistic Service providers, Refiners, Financial Institutions/Investors, Government Agencies and Technology Providers.
- Proven effective as team player working across teams in a matrix organization and major contributor to the team, especially in a cross-cultural working environment. Research and analysis experience from planning departments and/or consulting positions is a plus.
- Ideal candidate will be someone that is positive, ambitious, high energy and with a track record of building business.
- Computer Literacy: Microsoft Office Suite of products to include Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel, Microsoft Project; other technology related software and internet search capabilities.
What's in it for you :
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Hybrid Working Policy (3 days in Mumbai office/ 2 days WFH)
- Group healthcare scheme
- 18 days annual leave
- 8 days casual leave
- Extensive internal and external training
Travel : A willingness and availability to travel up to 25% of the time